“Wouldn't life be great without customers!!”

Zepplin Cafe Gallery
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Clive
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Warm Garden Cafe, Amazing Food, "Paint your Own" Ceramics; Child Friendly outdoor area; Indoor Studio, and private meeting spaces. Conveniently central for Business Meetings, we also love hosting Birthdays, Team Building Events, Family Gatherings, Birthdays, and One on One Catch Up Sessions.
Reviewed 27 May 2018

We visited for a coffee and a snack after a cold day watching grandchildren play rugby. It seemed that we were putting the staff out as they were too busy for customers. Then to top it off we were charged a 3% surcharge because we had the audacity to use a credit card to pay. Taking payment is a cost of doing business, come on guys you price your coffee which is not greatly different to others and then you charge extra for certain classes of customers. We will not be back.

ZepCafe, Owner at Zepplin Cafe Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Mark152014,
Thank you for your feedback. We apologise that you did not have a great experience at our cafe. Every customer is important to us and we try our utmost to make everyone feel welcome and valued, we will be talkiing with our staff to make sure everyone is on the same page. As for the credit card surcharge, as a small business we find it difficult to cover the cost of credit cards charged by the bank and therefore made the decision to add a small surcharge to help cover that cost, we do still offer the option of paying by cash or EFTPOS at no extra charge. Once again we apologise for not receiving the welcome you should have, and we would welcome the chance to do it better next time.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Myself ,hubby and friend stopped by for lunch,we ordered 1 coffee,1 tea.2 toasted sambo's ,beef pie and chips.
We sat down at a table that people had just left so we moved the cups,glasses plates and cutlery to one side of the table.
Out came the coffee,and the waitress put it down and walked away without taking any dishes from the table :( so then the chips came and I asked the waitress to clear the table for us ,and her words were i,m flat out making coffee and walked away empty handed :( then the tea came out and again the waitress walked away empty handed :(
then an older lady came by and asked us if we were waiting on food..ehh yes we were and I asked her to take the dirty dishes and told her I had asked the previous to take them and she started to make excuses for her, I zoned out because i,m not interested in excuses.then the cook I guess came out and said all the ham was gone and would bacon be... ok.fine..then they came out cold :( then the pie came ...overall no continuity in service and no smiley face...we spent 45 minutes there and 30 minutes of that was waiting for the food to come in dribs and drabs.upon leaving my hubby said goodbye first and they decided to answer him..I worked at customer service everyday in my job ..my customers keep me in a job so I give the best service,I wont be back
Sheila

1  Thank Sheila M
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Had lunch with family food was nice.. has a nice outdoor area with grape vines running over seating area.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

In a perfect place in Clive for bikers using the Cycle ways because this cafe has numerous options for including it on your biking itinerary. Such friendly, rapid service from taking orders or making coffee. They care for a larger group with enthusiasm & speed. Plenty of cold water instantly available to quench thirsts until orders arrive. A great variety of seating arrangements both indoors & put. A wide variety of food dishes suitable for snacks, hearty morning teas & main meals. Service food & drinks tops from me.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

The cooked breakfast was good, the chicken Caesar wrap was soggy & I wondered whether it had been made the day before. We were there not long after the cafe opened and the counter choices were limited. Coffee was acceptable.