• Spa
All reviewsacross the roada great place to stayhastingsmotelunitbedhost
Reviewed 2 April 2017

We stayed 4 nights during Art Deco week. The rooms were spacious and a tribute to the Art Deco theme. Facilities were excellent and there is a pleasanr outdoot are ( due to the weather we only admired this through the window. My only suggestion would be to improve the lighting, especially in the bathroom. This was a lovely place to return to in the evenings.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
J4780RJsandraw, Owner at Clive Studios, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

I appreciate that you made the time to review Clive Studios. I also appreciate the feedback regarding the Art Deco theme, wanted to give just a hint of this wonderful era.
Please come again and note the Winter Art Deco weekend is 14-16 July, hopefully a better weather report.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

We had a very comfortable two nights here. It was the best motel we stayed at during our tour of the North Island. The proprietor was very helpful and friendly, it was clean and the bed superb. Also an added bonus was the hotel across the road which served great food. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review my property. I hope you can come and stay again. Kind regards Kaye

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

I was booked into Clive Motel which is now Clive Studios , as it has a new owner Kaye.
Kaye was very friendly and welcoming.
Was really happy after walking in, exceptionally clean and inviting.
A tidy little unit with all that was wanted.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Now renamed Clive Studios, we are just finishing a week's stay here. Kaye our host, has really made this a great place to stay. The rooms are clean and airy with a private patio area. The king size bed is very comfortable. Our two greyhounds have been made very welcome. Very central for Napier and Hastings. A wonderful wetlands park and dog walking area is very close and very beautiful.

Room Tip: The only variation between rooms is the bed size.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2017

The motel has changed it's name to the Clive Suites. The owner rung was to tell us of the name change, they were very pleasant to deal with We stayed for two nights. The motel was spotlessly clean and tidy. I would like to have known that after we had used the complimentary tea and coffee that we had to get own for drinks.

The owners are working very hard to give the motel a make over.

The interesting thing for me was that the television was bigger than the wall that it was hung on. It protruded over the bathroom door or over the entrance to the kitchen area. I managed to walk into one night. There was plenty of room on the wall at the end of the bed.

The shower stall is very small and the shower floor( Stainless steel) was very slippery ,could do with a non slip mat.

I would like to see some net curtains on the windows to the outdoor area for a bit of privacy as you have to draw the curtains if you want privacy

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
J4780RJsandraw, Owner at Clive Studios, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Good morning
Apologies for the delay in responding, I am now happy to advise that I have had all the TVs moved and there is now no issue with the TV interfering with the bathroom doorway.
I hope you can come and stay again and see the changes.
Kind regards Kaye