“A little bit of everything ”

Rachel's Bakery & Cafe
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Website given is part of Explore the Bruce please do not publish as 'their site' as it is not, this is merely for verification that it exists. This establishment has been open for three months. Lion's Head does have a fair choice of B&B's but not a great selection of fabulous food. Please add to listing I would like to add a review. Home Made EVERYTHING. Phone for them is 519-793-3982 . Trip advisor visitors would appreciate. Thanks, Carolyn
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have been to this place at least 30 times during my cottage Reno... the meals are great and the people even better . I have not had a single meal that I thought was questionable . One memorable meal was a Oysters in a spicy sauce ... gosh it was simply awesome . So I say check the place out it will not disappoint plus they sell clothing sunglasses baked goods collector plates .... just amount anything you can think of actually plus they have a jam session every Thursday

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Second time we've tried here for coffee. Both times it's served from a thermos and both times it was luke warm. The 2nd time I asked to have them warmed up (microwave), but still not hot.
They were NOT inexpensive either.
Last time for Rachel's.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

We came here for breakfast on a Saturday morning in August.
It was very hot out and unfortunately the restaurant does not have AC. There were some tables on the porch but a sign was posted indicating that food would not be served outside. This was a shame because it would have been nice to sit outside with the breeze.
Breakfast was very yummy, though it took some time to arrive.
Loved the little coffee bar where you could help yourself but pots needed to be refilled more often as they were all quite low or empty.
Waitress (who I believe is the owner) was very kind and professional but she needs to hire someone else to help her as it was fairly busy when we were there.
Food was very good and prices were reasonable.
Bathroom was clean.
This is a restaurant and also a cute little shop so people came in to browse and also purchase little goodies, coffee and drinks.
Would return again but not on a hot day!

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Rachel’s is very much the 1950’s diner set in the midst of a second hand store with a bakery on the side. The sandwiches and hot lunches are very good and the baked goods are excellent. Local beers, reasonable prices and nostalgia...where else are you likely to find the Tuesday special is livers and onion?

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We sere staying in a local guest house and the thing that attracted me was the fact that this place had a liquor licence as not really familiar with family restaurants in Canada. We had a very tasty dinner form the set menu which was fish and a beef rib, the staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The next morning we had breakfast which the poor guy running it seemed to be doing everything single-handed.. nevertheless less we had an ok scrambled egg, but what I really craved was pancake which did not seem to appear on the menu, never mind, it was all a positive experience.