“Great good, excellent location and very welcoming”

Nissi Mediterranean Kuzina
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in Lefkada Town
Description: Nissi means Island in Greek and we take inspiration for our menu from the Mediterranean Islands of Greece. Kuzina meaning kitchen in Greek is traditionally the room in the house where family and friends meet; a warm and welcoming place. All our dishes are home made in our kitchen and prepared using the freshest ingredients delivered daily to our restaurant.
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Deserves to be in the Lefkada Town top 3 as food was very good and the owner made us very welcome. The salad dishes are probably the best in town (we ate in the town for 14 evenings) so don't write them off when you look at the menu.

Prices are reasonable and location is in one of the main squares so plenty of opportunity to 'people watch'.

Worth booking a table especially if you want to eat between 8pm & 9:30pm, that appeared to be the busiest time.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We arrived without a reservation but although they couldn't accommodate us immediately the maitre D' recommended a bar and asked us to come back in half an hour when she assured us she would have a table. We did and they did. Usual Greek fare of very good quality, good service and a warm welcome.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We only came across this culinary gem on the last weekend of our holiday, and really wished we'd discovered it earlier.It was very busy both times we went and we were warned that we could have a long wait for our meal - but we were in no hurry anyway, and it was well worth the wait.As Olga said "Everything is made with love", and we did feel the food was infused with extra taste and flavour.The Caesar Salad we ordered, was,hands down,the best I've ever had anywhere, and the dressing was sublime.And the swordfish steak and grilled jumbo shrimps were fresh and vibrantly tasty., and we loved their take on chips - chunky, seasoned & herbed ,with a tzatziki dip.My partner was very impressed by the delicious mushroom pasta,and in raptures over the seared chicken.Yes, it was more expensive than any of our other meals out - but superior to them all too.There's nothing wrong with treating yourself when you're on holiday.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Looked on Tripadvisor for a nice place to have a good meal, decided to go for Nissi. Checked on Tripadvisor the opening hours, as this time lots of places are closed already. It showed it would be open, so we went. Too bad the place was not open at all...

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We had the great reviews on TripAdvisor and went right away to have dinner with friends.
Both our husbands were touched on the shoulders with inappropriate familiarity by the lady owner. The food was palatable, but not impressive, and the good tradition of "from the house" treat we were so impressed in all other Greek restaurants was not honored by Olga's place. The "Sweet and Sour Pork" was too sweet, and there were no desserts at all. We recommend "La Vineria" , around the corner, a much better place to dine. The have a list of desserts, and the dessert was offered by the house, for free.

Maria O, Ιδιοκτήτης at Nissi Mediterranean Kuzina, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Madam,
I am the hostess Olga, although most people know me as the owner. I just wanted to say thank you for spending the time to write a review about your experience at my restaurant.

I understand that our food was not to your liking and your comments will be passed on to our chefs. Furthermore, our menu does not have a dessert list but i believe you already knew that before you came to the restaurant as there is a sign in the entrance. Restaurants are not oblidged to serve dessert and it is not a tradition to serve free dessert. Though we will certainly take all your comments into consideration.

However, I want to point out that I love my job and my restaurant is my life. Hundreds and thousands of customers come and go each year and I believe that I give my customers the respect they deserve. I do not touch anyone inappropriately nor do I massage them as you previously stated in the deleted comment.

Thank you again for your review and I wish you the best on your future vacations.