“It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G”
Review of Hotel Puntanorte

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Isla Tintipan
Hotel Puntanorte
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Isla Tintipan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 June 2017

It was an incredible experience, beautiful stay, amazing people, really felt like home there. I really recomend it for couples, or friends who just want to take a break from society and enjoy nature and clear blue waters <3

Room Tip: Best view, peacefull, local, fresh food, friendly, at home
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
MRFREDYTRAVELLER, Gerente at Hotel Puntanorte, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Hi. Thanks a lot! Hugs and kisses from Tintipan.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Pros - stunning location on a spit at the northernmost point of Tintipan island. The water is turquoise blue and when you get off the boat here you feel like you've been marooned on a desert island. This is an ideal spot to relax and get away from it all. Carlos is a very welcoming host and makes some really good home cooked food. He was also fantastically tolerant of our poor Spanish as he speaks pretty good English. The "on land" and online (via Facebook) service provided by Fredy was super, again our lack of Spanish meant that we were struggling to work out arrangements for getting to and from Tintipan. Fredy was really helpful at sorting this out for us.

Cons - At $440k (£120/€140/$150US) per night (including 3x meals per day) for two people staying here and additional for getting to and from the island, mean that this isn't cheap by Colombian standards and as a consequence I would have expected more for my money. We didn't come to Puntanorte expecting 5 star luxury but the rooms are in serious need of a refresh. They desperately need a lick of paint and/or new furniture. From a service point of view it was slightly disappointing that nobody came to remake and clean the room during our stay. It was also disappointing that there was no offer made of trips for snorkelling or swimming elsewhere. This was never presented to us as an option so we didn't really feel we could ask. Finally, and perhaps most irritatingly, the website states that soft drinks are included in the price. This isn't the case in reality and we were charged for this. As there was no signal or wifi on the island I didn't have this information at my disposal when we visited to point it out to Carlos but since leaving we have reviewed this and feel that we shouldn't have been charged. These weren't expensive but, this and the other bits and pieces mentioned above did leave a sour taste in the month and me feeling a little ripped off.

Overall - I would recommend to others for the experience of staying here but I would make it clear not to expect luxury accommodation. This is basic hostel standard accommodation in a stunning location charged at a high price. Other options in the area include an actual hostel and luxury hotels so I guess Carlos is playing it down the middle price wise relative to the local market. I probably wouldn't visit again but I'm pleased that I came. Could be significantly better value for money.

Top tips - if possible try to take a trip to Tintipan from Rincon or Cartagena. We travelled to the island from Tolu which is a bit of a dump and really not worth visiting. Make sure you take all the cash you need. Make sure you take water shoes as it's pretty spiky under foot due to coral.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie_88
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Besides it being a beautiful place, the way that Carlos, his wife, family and staff welcomed and treated us was one in a million. They really are loving people, which you can feel in the air and taste in their food. The only possible improvement in this place might be the rooms, but since the area is so beautiful, one wouldn't spend much time in them anyways. It's the best place that I've been to in Colombia!

Room Tip: the cabañas are beautifully located
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

I was there with my husband and my dogs... I really loved it!!! Carlos, Carolina, María Elena and David made our visit more than awesome. Jerónimo, Carlos and Carlolina's 4 yeas old grand son was a wonderful company... he played with us, he showed us the most beautiful fish and crabs... we loved the food... was so caribbean and delicious... our dogs really enjoyed swimming and eating fryed fish... one of the bests places for scuba diving!!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2016

This place was truly paradise. We were here for New Years Eve and Carlos and Caroline were just wonderful in creating a warm and friendly 'your home is our home' atmosphere that it was truly hard to leave. The food was amazing - most meals were freshly caught seafood and wonderful vegetable dishes, our final dish of 2015 being lobster. The rooms are simple and our room occasionally had a few splashes of sea water, but lying in your bed listening to the sea hit the shore is just magical. Coral seas, white sands - PARADISE. We could not have welcomed in the year in a more perfect place!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
0.0 km away
Hotel La Fragata
Hotel La Fragata
#4 of 9 in Covenas

Been to Hotel Puntanorte? Share your experiences!