Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from US$138.47
from US$81.03
from US$165.24
More Info
All reviews juan carlos side by side local area pura vida rasta randy beauty country beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2021 via mobile

Randy and Juan Carlos made me and my fiancé feel so welcomed in their country and showed us so much of it's beauty. I can't believe all the amazing things I got to see and do. From swimming underneath a gorgeous waterfall, to driving thru the beautiful country, to hiking in a rainforest where we saw so many animals, to the local lunch we all sat and ate together. It was truly amazing.

Booking with Randy was so easy and he was so responsive and accommodating. I emailed him directly at randy@costaricaexcursionstravels.com and he answered immediately and answered all my questions and planned everything out with me. He set up two tours for me, where we got picked up right from our hotel. I had nothing to worry about and it made enjoying our vacation so much easier since we had everything planned out before we got to the resort. (We stayed at Dreams Las Mareas)

Our first tour was the Rainforest trip and it was phenomenal!
We saw a tree frog, a poison dart frog, a heron, TWO types of toucans, monkeys (capuchin, howlers, and a spider monkey!), and my absolute favorite, SLOTHS! (We also saw green parots and a beautiful wood pecker on our way back to the hotel) And Juan Carlos was a pro at taking photos for us. He would use his binoculars to get AMAZING photos with our phones. They came out so cool. We are so grateful for the pictures he took so we could show our friends and family all the awesome things we saw.
They also took us to a beautiful look out and stopped for photos. It was breathtaking.
And all the things we learned! They told us so much about the country and the landscape! It was all so interesting. (Juan Carlos kept checking to make sure he wasn't talking our ears off, but we were loving all the information!) And the lunch we went and had together was SO good. Randy asked if we wanted our own table for just me and my fiancé, but we wanted to sit with them because we truly enjoyed their company. We loved the time we spent with them so much.

For our second tour Randy set up a private boat trip for me and my fiancé. It was so easy, we left right from the beach at our hotel! We went snorkeling and saw a bunch of cool stuff, including an octopus! We also saw dolphins and humpack whales from the boat! It was so cool. I cried when I saw that whales because it was so beautiful. Then we enjoyed some drinks and watched the sunset from the boat before being brought back to the hotel.

Best days of my vacation, and honestly, best days of my life!

Thank you so much Randy!
☆Pura Vida!!!☆

Date of experience: February 2021
Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

I cannot, I repeat CANNOT recommend Randy from Costa Rica Excursion Travels enough. He has been such a highlight of our vacation. I started doing research on excursions and tours about 2 weeks before heading to Costa Rica. I initially found Costa Rica Excursion Travels on TripAdvisor and then on Instagram (@costaricaexcursions) where I then started to message him about our nearby travels. He asked what kind of excursions we wanted to do and then made suggestions. (I know he has a bunch of excursion options so don't be afraid to ask!) I also asked if he did airport transfers and he said yes. Based upon the excursion offerings, airport transfers, all while being covid-friendly with all being private transportation and tours, plus his prompt communication, I booked him right away. He put my mind at ease with all questions I asked and was always so kind. He met us at the airport and with a driver, they brought us to Dreams Las Mareas. The next day was our first tour, which he brought Juan Carlos as our tour guide and Randy drove. We went to the Ricon de la Vieja national park to hike through the tropical dry forest where we saw monkeys, waterfalls, volcanic mud pots and escaping steam, swam in a waterfall basin and did the volcanic mud bath/hot springs followed up by some great local food and coffee. Today (Juan Carlos in attendance as well!) we started our morning by going to a local bakery and getting coffee that they suggested, then went to explore and swim at Catarata Llanos del Cortés. Afterwards we headed up into the mountains/volcanoes and went to a rainforest sanctuary where we saw butterflies, sloths, and frogs. Then had a local lunch before heading back to the resort. Tomorrow Randy will be picking us up to make our unfortunate return to the airport to fly home. He and Juan Carlos made us feel so welcomed in Costa Rica, it's almost like we have family here. Please please PLEASE book Costa Rica Excursion Travels! (FYI, all the vendors on the Dreams Las Mareas beach know who he is. )

Date of experience: February 2021
1  Thank Katrinaoman7
costaricaexcursion, Owner at Costa Rica Excursions Travels, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2021

Our company Costa Rica Excursions Travels, is very grateful for your positive thoughts towards us. We are happy to have met such great people as you, and you already know they have a family here for when they decide to return. Regards!

Reviewed 5 February 2021 via mobile
Review of: ATV Tour Jobo

Randy and his family are absolutely amazing! They are basically family to us. This is our third year with them. They always made sure that we had transportation. We also do ATV, Zip lining, Horseback riding, and fishing when we go out there. I wouldn’t recommend anyone else!
Thank you guys for being family and for everything that you did for us!
Pura Vida

Thank you very much for your great words, and for choosing us, here you have a family. Greetings and Pura Vida!

Reviewed 28 December 2020
Review of: ATV Tour Jobo

Was the best memories ! Went 2 times on the RTV tour an a sunset boat trip.... our Guide Joel Wright. El Jobo I can’t wait to go again to do more of these activities with this guy. Thanks so much!

Date of experience: December 2020

Thank you very much, it has been a pleasure, here we will be waiting for you. Regards. Pura Vida!

Reviewed 27 November 2020
Review of: ATV Tour Jobo

Randy met us early in the morning and took my son and I on a GREAT adventure! We went from Brasilito to the Monkey Zipline. The ATV ride was incredible! Rode through rivers, and through beautiful terrain! Randy was a very nice, happy, and knowledgeable guide. We saw howler monkeys and deer along the way. Our zipline time was INCREDIBLE! My son was so happy and laughing all the time. Definitely worth the time and money. Would love to go on another adventure with Randy the next time we visit!

Date of experience: November 2020

Thank you guys very much, it was a pleasure meeting you, and here we will be waiting for the next adventure. Regards. Pura Vida!