We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paterson
Schotia Safaris Private Game Reserve
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Paterson
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Bad safari and they lied about the price. On the phone they said 1000 RAND and when I got there they changed it to 1500 RAND. I met 3 americans and to guys from switzerland there, we all had paid different prices.
There all a lot better places you can go to. No value for the money.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Schotia Safaris Private Game Reserve

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I created this account specifically to leave a review of my stay at the Schotia Game Reserve. It was epic.

Ty was our guide and he managed to make a trip that was guaranteed to be educational, interesting and informative into an experience full of fun.

The overnight stay at the park will provide plenty of dinner conversation for a very long time.

@ Ty - thanks for all the memories. The Germans still have our stars and they won't give them back. The peacock's loose and refuses to be caged. And, really, so. many. springboks.

Keeping it numb - The Long Necked Springboks

Room Tip: If you choose the 'Camp' accommodation you'll be staying in the park itself. Be prepare...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2017

We went on the afternoon and evening game drive as the final thing we did before flying home. It was a pretty cold and occasionally rainy, which probably meant we saw fewer animals than had it been nice and warm, but this did not significantly detract from the experience. The chap who drove us around was totally obsessed with giving us the opportunity to see every animal in the reserve and went out of his way to find them. Knowledgable and humorous and great company.

Supper was most welcome and although it was fairly basic, it was what we expected in the surroundings we were in.

I thoroughly recommend them.

Room Tip: No idea, did not stay there
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Whizzybill
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Not going to lie when planning my trip to South Africa the one think I was looking forward to doing was going on a safari and getting to see the big 5 specifically the lions.

We only stayed one night, I was actually worried we weren't going to see everything, but wow schotia safari exceeded expectations. We basically got to see everything. Our guide Tyron was very informative and upfront about what we may see or not see. I really appreciate him shpending more time on the animals we where the most interested in and learning about them. I also thought it was a nice touch at the end of the day to break bread with the other guides and travelers. Overall I had an unforgettable experience with a bang for my buck.

Oh and yes I got to see the lions!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jamel D
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Ty did a great job showing us all of the animals and was extremely knowledgeable about everything you need to know. Highly recommend him as a guide! The food the reserve served was also incredible.

Highly recommend traveling in Ty's rover. I'm considering going back this year!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank timothy b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paterson
15.8 km away
15.1 km away
Zuurberg Mountain Village
Zuurberg Mountain Village
#1 of 2 in Addo Elephant National Park

Been to Schotia Safaris Private Game Reserve? Share your experiences!