Olifantskop Lodge(Paterson)(Great Value!)
US$478
US$45
US$821
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$921/night.

US$71
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
All reviewsnight safaritented campmorning drivesafari experiencewhole experiencegreat experienceprivate game reserveno electricityschotia safarisnatural environmentend of the dayhighlight of our tripwild animalsgreat fungreat safariour tour guidedouble bed
Reviewed 27 April 2017

I created this account specifically to leave a review of my stay at the Schotia Game Reserve. It was epic.

Ty was our guide and he managed to make a trip that was guaranteed to be educational, interesting and informative into an experience full of fun.

The overnight stay at the park will provide plenty of dinner conversation for a very long time.

@ Ty - thanks for all the memories. The Germans still have our stars and they won't give them back. The peacock's loose and refuses to be caged. And, really, so. many. springboks.

Keeping it numb - The Long Necked Springboks

Room Tip: If you choose the 'Camp' accommodation you'll be staying in the park itself. Be prepared for no electricity and and outside bath.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2017

We went on the afternoon and evening game drive as the final thing we did before flying home. It was a pretty cold and occasionally rainy, which probably meant we saw fewer animals than had it been nice and warm, but this did not significantly detract from the experience. The chap who drove us around was totally obsessed with giving us the opportunity to see every animal in the reserve and went out of his way to find them. Knowledgable and humorous and great company.

Supper was most welcome and although it was fairly basic, it was what we expected in the surroundings we were in.

I thoroughly recommend them.

Room Tip: No idea, did not stay there
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Whizzybill
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Not going to lie when planning my trip to South Africa the one think I was looking forward to doing was going on a safari and getting to see the big 5 specifically the lions.

We only stayed one night, I was actually worried we weren't going to see everything, but wow schotia safari exceeded expectations. We basically got to see everything. Our guide Tyron was very informative and upfront about what we may see or not see. I really appreciate him shpending more time on the animals we where the most interested in and learning about them. I also thought it was a nice touch at the end of the day to break bread with the other guides and travelers. Overall I had an unforgettable experience with a bang for my buck.

Oh and yes I got to see the lions!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jamel D
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Ty did a great job showing us all of the animals and was extremely knowledgeable about everything you need to know. Highly recommend him as a guide! The food the reserve served was also incredible.

Highly recommend traveling in Ty's rover. I'm considering going back this year!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank timothy b
Reviewed 10 April 2017

This was our first time in South Africa and we wanted to find a quality Safari that also affordable enough for us to stay overnight and take in the full experience. After searching online for a while, we decided on Schotia since it was a little off the beaten path and had glowing reviews. By far one of the best experiences of our entire trip! We opted to stay overnight, which entails a few day drives after check in, a coffee/tea break, dinner, an evening drive and another morning drive before breakfast. Having everything included was a nice option: The food was good and went well with my cider around the campfire.

The part that jumped at me most, was definitely our guide Ty - from the beginning of our trip straight through to the end, he went above and beyond to show us the bush and explain the subtleties of the area that we never would have otherwise known! From how the termites effect this specifics plant which then effects this animal's habitat to the way the lions track prey in the bush...he answered all of our questions and opened us up to a part of the world we'd never known before! Schotia goes out of their way to let you customize your trip based on what interests you the most; Ty even snuck in a night time astronomy lesson since it was our first time in the southern hemisphere! We had pretty high expectations going in, and Schotia blew them away! Thanks for a great time guys

Room Tip: Definitely worth staying overnight! Having a night drive and not having to rush everywhere makes a huge difference!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends