Hotel De France
Hotel Mercure Libourne Saint-Emilion(Libourne)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Room Service
Kyriad Libourne - Saint Emilion(Libourne)(Great Value!)
US$74
La residence "Les Grands Vignobles"(Libourne)(Great Value!)
US$130
Hotels.com
US$80
Mascarisle(Libourne)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Our initial room had a very small toilet/shower booth however we did request and were able to movemto a larger well appointed room for the rest of our 4 day visit to Libourne.
Requests for ice were declined and milk for tea had to be requested. Overall one was made to feel as if we were imposing upon the owners with any request for service. Our friends opened 2 beers in their mini bar and noticed as they started to drink them an odour and fungus type growth in the bottles. We were shocked to see the use by dates were March 2015. In our room the beers were fortunately only 1 month out of date. When the owners were approached for replacement beers there was an indifferent response to the fact the beers were so out of date.
Overall a well located hotel with a very short walk to the shops, restaurants and the station with Bordeaux a short 20 minute train ride away. It is such a pity the owners cannot provide service with a smile!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley2402
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Very good location, near Rue Gambetta but a depressing hotel. No coffee facility in room, awful bedspread and the ugly cushions and room did not smell fresh. No elevator, and reception only on duty as certain hours.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2016

Located just at the railstation in Libourne, excellent.
Rooms very simple, but ok for one night.
Positive is that you have the choice of different restaurants just around the corner.
The breakfast was typical french.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2015

From the outside it looks very nice.Now it depends what you like in an hotel.
The hotel is very clean, no fault can be found there.The rooms are typically old French in their decor and furniture.
However we found the rooms quite depressing,The bed linen is very clean and white, however as it has a bed spread and blanket , which was dark red,and quite old fashioned,and has red cushions hanging above your bed, who has had their head on them before-hand? you did not feel that it was as fresh as you would like.I think it needs a white duvet to make it seem more like you are walking into a complete clean bed, as Mercure or even Ibis hotels have. There again if this does not bother you then this is an ok hotel for you. The other point was the bathroom was like a small pod, if you were a large person you would have great difficulty in manoeuvring in this especially the shower when you would collide with the controls and all of a sudden very hot water is over you..This even happened to me when I tried to wash my back even though I am small. The breakfast was ok again limited but you would find cereal and bread with some cheese and meat. So for myself I cannot quite put a finger on it, only to say that after three weeks of travelling around Europe this was the first hotel I did not like staying in. A bit unfair maybe as I said it was clean and I have stayed in plenty of period hotels, but just not for me.

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 14 August 2015

We booked the Hotel de France through Booking .com and as usual I asked for a quiet room
However not only was our room small, ugly and in need of refurbishment but very noisy at night as it overlooked the road at the back

Mme kindly changed our room after the first night ( it was to the same only bigger and quieter) explaining there are different levels of luxury within the Hotel
My advice would be if you stay here book the more expensive rooms because the cheaper rooms are not nice The fact that there are better rooms available should not be an excuse either for their poor rooms
There were a couple of other niggles as well like the lounge was locked at night time However on the plus side the Hotel was ideally placed for access to the station (for visits to Bordeaux) and it was just a short drive to St Emilion
There was secure car parking as well

Room Tip: Pay for the luxury rooms or go elsewhere It isn't that far from other hotels to the station Rooms at the back are noisy
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple