See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 September 2016

The location is good, and our room in the annex was pleasant and large, with two chairs by the desk -- but no wifi, which we use a great deal when we travel. We had to go to the lobby, balance our devices on our laps because there was no desk, and use the Internet there amid the conversations of guests coming and going. The situation was not resolved that day or the next. For us, this is unacceptable, especially when the hotel promises free wifi. As to my suggestion that as compensation we could have free breakfast, I was dismissed with disdain. My goodness!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2016

July 2016.Having visited every department in France over the last 40 years we were looking forward to our four nights in Libourne with our Australian friends, hoping to introduce them to the many delights of La Belle France. It was fortunate that our friends had selected and booked the hotel, because had we booked it, I would have been embarrased. The attitude of the hotel management left a lot to be desired. There seemed to be two middle aged ladies in charge who seemed to be looking for any excuse to say "non"; I suspect it has been a long time since a smile flickered across their faces. Our room was fine: a good double bed, clean linen, tea and coffee facilities; a good air conditioning unit ( it was blisteringly hot whilst we were there ) and minibar. Just the bathroom smelled, although otherwise satisfactory. No restaurant at the hotel, but you don't need one, since there is a good choice of commercial outlets in the main square 100 metres away. On day three I cracked open a couple of beers from the mini-bar, only to find my mate spitting out his beer. His bottle of lager had a couple of large fungal growths floating in it. When examined closely, both bottles had a "best before" date of March 2015. These were readily changed by the young chambermaid whom I found at hand. However, when I explained to the management what I had just experienced ( using my best french - stilting but intelligable ) you could not imagine a more disinterested response. No apology; no signs whatsoever of concern -- nothing, When I suggested it might be a good idea for her to check her minibars ( again in french) she simply walked away. She didn't charge for the beer, mind you. I have explained to the Aussies that you have to make allowances for the occasional brush with french arrogance. But it does make you wonder what the reaction would have been if we were French.

Room Tip: some have tiny bathrooms
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank barrympearson1
Reviewed 29 July 2016

Good:
The building is nice and in very close to a nice square full of bars and restaurants. The common space are nice also.

Bad:
Some of the people managing the hotels are frequently smoking at the entrance and the smell of smoke and other weird smells can be felt in the hotel. I had an hard time falling asleep because of very loud music coming from some club near the hotel. The TV was surprisingly small and of extremely low quality (it had weird color balance). When we exit the hotel at 7:30 PM the reception was close.
Internet was not working in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moonbiter
Reviewed 24 July 2016

Most unfriendly and unhelpful staff I have ever encountered in the over 40 years of international travel. Stayed for four days and was happy to leave. Hotel is conveniently situated close to the centre of Libourne, restaurants, shops and the train station. Deluxe room was comfortable spacious, with air conditioning, mini-bar, a bath and free wifi that did not work during the 4 day stay.

Room Tip: Ground floor annexe rooms could be very noisy with extensive road works occurring outside the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malcolm J
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

Our initial room had a very small toilet/shower booth however we did request and were able to movemto a larger well appointed room for the rest of our 4 day visit to Libourne.
Requests for ice were declined and milk for tea had to be requested. Overall one was made to feel as if we were imposing upon the owners with any request for service. Our friends opened 2 beers in their mini bar and noticed as they started to drink them an odour and fungus type growth in the bottles. We were shocked to see the use by dates were March 2015. In our room the beers were fortunately only 1 month out of date. When the owners were approached for replacement beers there was an indifferent response to the fact the beers were so out of date.
Overall a well located hotel with a very short walk to the shops, restaurants and the station with Bordeaux a short 20 minute train ride away. It is such a pity the owners cannot provide service with a smile!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple