“Otranto”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

Nice restaurant with very interesting things to see. Like a marine museum. Good food , "Menu" you eat what they give you. Staff very kind. Price: good value for money. Maxb.

Reviewed 26 September 2015

A limited set menu offered but really good food. Worth checking the days menu on the board outside the hotel to see if one you fancy. I felt it was good value for money but as we normally only eat one course it was one of our more expensive meals as we could only eat a portion of each course. Good, non expensive local wine. We would recommend.

Reviewed 21 May 2015 via mobile

Quite an unexpected experience - it
was wonderful. The food was fresh and creatively put together. The service was fantastic. Very well priced considering the service and the extent of food. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed 11 April 2015

We were the first guests of the season and the offerings were limited to a single choice, a menu. As I mentioned in my review of the hotel, the First Day is often a test where the problems are found and worked out. The restaurant had no problems, other than a very limited number of guests. We ordered the menu and found everything Above Average to Excellent. Service and timing was perfect. Dishes were cooked exactly as requested. Portions were large enough that we felt stuffed at the meal's end. So why only 4 Points? I did not feel that I could give more without seeing the restaurant in full operation. Everything I saw at the restaurant and the hotel lead me to believe that had I eaten there in mid season, I would have given that last point.

1  Thank DonPaulo
Reviewed 4 September 2014 via mobile

Since we were staying at the hotel, we decided to try this restaurant. We were a little skeptical at first and did not expect much, but we were really wrong, the food is absolutely exquisite. The menu is fixed, but there's always a choice between fish and meat and it changes every day.
Young chef Daniele Rizzo offers excellent local dishes which are savoury yet light, from the appetizers to the first and second courses, not to speak of the desserts.
The wine list includes all local wines which may be less renowned, but are really good especially the rose' wines.
Needless to say the staff are extremely polite, kind, friendly and willing to offer advice.
Really worth it.