All reviews old village relais chateaux wine tasting pool area fine dining amazing property casual restaurant the general manager junior suite small village michelin star tuscan countryside steam room excellent restaurant included breakfast winery tour standard room
Reviewed 15 October 2017

My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights at the end of our busy trip around Italy and this was the perfect place to just relax and unwind before our flight back home . The greeting when we arrived was sincere and lovely , Warmly greeted by the manager on arrival and departure the staff was friendly, accommodating and provided exceptional service.I think staying here is more of an experience than anything. It really fantastic, from walking around the grounds, having a glass of wine watching a great sunset or just waking up, drawing the curtains to an unbelievable landscape. Food and bar are spectacular the food at "osteria" is particulary good. . .but too slow. Almost felt asleep between servings.our suite a new one was lovely, spacious, the bathroom was just breathtaking and it smelled delicious very beautiful very very clean with many original fittings. The bed was probably the most perfect bed that i have ever slept on!....i slept like a baby. I am sure this hotel will be one of the lasting impressions of our trip, mainly because of the beautiful setting, but most of all because of the truly caring nature of its staff ; specially the bella lady caring of our room and us she's more than a chambermaid "Ines" a very warm and heartfelt THANK YOU ! she's a true gem always willing to go the extra mile, with a honest kindness that goes beyond simply doing your job well. Thank you for being you!We drove away with a little ball of emotion in our stomachs - of gratitude, for making us stay so much at home, and of longing, to come back some time soon( i've a jealous wife)(I'm kidding)
We wish you all the best for the future, please stay the way you are!
Congratulations Mr Guerrini!

Room Tip: take a new rooms
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pleiades1970
Reviewed 13 October 2017

The place is like nothing I have ever seen. A small ancient village transformed into an oasis of luxury. Each building is painstakingly restored and the grounds are meticulously maintained. The staff is is the model of understated elegance. The have one objective and that is to make sure you are taken care of as if you are family. The food at both restaurants is wonderful and both should be tried before leaving the hotel. Complements to chef Fabrizio and Alessandro. The fact that they have a first class winery on the grounds is the icing on the cake. A true 5-star resort.

Room Tip: Book a suite if possible
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven S
Reviewed 11 October 2017

My wife and I visited Borgo San Felice back in 2016 and because we had such an amazing time we decided to come back with our family in August 2017. Our family consisted of 6 adults and one child and this place suited us down to the ground. The rooms had charm and were clean. The continental breakfast was superb, one of the best we've had over the years and the food in Osteria Del Grigio was excellent if you like pasta and meats of an evening and their own wine was very reasonable. We ate there both nights as their main restaurant was too pricey for what we were looking for.
The pool is a perfect size for adults and children and the service throughout the hotel was first class, especially at the pool and restaurant.
Overall I would highly recommend visiting here if you are a family or a couple looking for a relaxing break with fine wine.
90% of the staff spoke excellent english.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cashman327
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

If you would like to experience personalized service, wonderful Tuscan cuisine and excellent accommodations in an Old World setting, then you will be very happy choosing the Borgo San Felice.
Each and every aspect of our stay exceeded expectations. The room we stayed in was well appointed and recently updated to include a more spacious design. Huge tub, wonderful contemporary shower and new furniture on the private patio were evidence of a recent investment in the property which enhanced our stay.
I would like two give two examples of how the staff helps clients which will highlight the overall attentiveness of each employee. I was working out in the well equipped gym and had forgotten to bring a bottle of water. I saw staff walk in to replace towels. Two minutes later, the same woman returned with bottled water. I did not ask for her to do this simple yet very meaningful act of kindness and professionalism.
A second example of the level of care was the result of me leaving an important document in the room safe. I heard about my oversight within 24 hours and the document was returned to me, with great effort by senior staff, within a short period of time. Truly amazing!
Another reason we feel so happy to be at San Felice is the support which they give to the community around them. They are involved in several efforts to improve the lives of underprivileged persons in several different ways. It is a certainty that BSF serves the community in a very honorable manner.
These attributes are in concert with the amenities of the Borgo itself. Local products are offered in both the long standing Poggio Rosso restaurant and the newly minted Osteria, which is a casual alternative. The chefs in each took time to introduce themselves to us.
We love the grounds which are gorgeous! The pool, the recently renovated chapel, and the wine store are fantastic. Everywhere you look flowers are in bloom. Views of vineyards and olive trees abound.
Although there is much to do at the BSF, for us, it is the first stop on each of our Italy trips because it offers a tranquility that grounds us and allows us to visit other areas of the country with clear minds.
A big thank you to all at the Borgo!!! You made our 30 wedding anniversary molto molto molto speciale! And very romantic! See you soon!!
Mike and Kathleen Galano

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike G
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Ok, I have to admit that we haven't stayed in ALL of the hotels in Tuscany...however, I can unequivocally state that this hotel and their staff were "best in class"! Everything from check-in to check-out was elegantly professional, courteous and absolutely delightful. We spent 2 nights at Hotel Borgo, both nights eating at the Osteria restaurant on the property. We also participated in a winery tour on property and enjoyed both nights with one of the best bartenders in Italy, Frederico! While we mainly consumed local area wines and top-shelf spirits, we also had THE BEST "White Russians" EVER! Frederico is a master mixologist and truly enjoys his time with the hotel customers. We also met some great folks from the UK that we truly enjoyed! We WILL return to Hotel Borgo in the future...

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple