“Impromptu Lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Stumbled upon this little gem on our first day. Very authentic family run restaurant. Would visit again. Good food.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I wonder if the owner of this restaurant is an Italian at all....
This never happend to me in my life and i will always remember this experience.
For years i spend my hollidays in Italy and eat italian fresh food almost every day in holland with my italian friends. Always positive about Italian cuisine!

Before we sat down the cook came to see who we are...i thought it was to make contact with us and be very friendly...i think i was wrong..
Although we where guided to order homemade pasta (giri or something like that)
We ordered 5 homemade pasta dishes and 2 meat dishes, 2 mezzo wine (white and red) and beverages for the kids (was only coke or sweppes bitter lemon from a 1 liltre supermarket bottle available).
All the 5 pasta's where disguisting (foto's attached). We ordered 2 pasta's with mushrooms and 3 pasta's with pomodori (had a fancy name on the menu). Overcooked snotty pasta without mushrooms and my kids had snotty pasta with only unfresh tomatosaus. The only species he used where parcely for the plate...(why parcely???) I have never seen something like this. My girlfriend and i did not eat this and my kids where starving and i told them it was al local dish....The meat dish was a dish with 5 sperate very small pieces (12 euro) of ovecooked cheap meat on a plate without spicies, garnish or anything. This is really a shame for such a beatiful small town. The small separate baked slices where obviously far from medium rare done. I feel very sorry for the waitress...This is not a restaurant. This is fraud.

After the pasta dish and the dissapointing plates of meat i did something i never do. I called the waitress to talk about this. The cook never came to talk about our arguments. I paid for the drinks and "pasta" and not for the meat we also did not eat ... (67 euro was the bill...) and left this place to cook something for my kids at our little appartement. We only had some bread and omelet but it was heaven in comparrison.

Shame on you owner(s) of this restaurant. I hope the villige people do something about this. This is not good for this beatiful town Roccastrada. I am not an man of hate or anger but i hope that this review helps to avoid this fraud.
Pascal from Holland with an heart for Italy

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Pascal Q
Reviewed 5 June 2017

We were recommended Picio Matto by Chiara at Il Poggeriello. We decided to sit outside on the terrace as we had a small baby in the party. We ate early at 7PM so were the first for the night. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The menu choice is small but has enough to cater for all tastes, our group had the Lamb Chops and 2 of us had the Filet Steak, all presented nicely and 6 clean plates. The deserts were Cheese Cake and Crème Brulee, (which came with flames!). Not the cheapest meal we had but quality very good. If you want the Steak Florentine you have to order 24 hours in advance, so I will have to come back to Tuscany again!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

We experienced a fine lunch with homemade pici (thick spaghetti) with either mushroom or truffle sauce. The crêma catalana was served as crême brulée, flame included. The indoor part of the restaurant is charming, and the hostess did her best to make us feel welcome and comfortable.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

The restaurant is nicely placed in the village and we went there for a lunch. Maybe because of the comments on TripAdvisor we had higher expectations. Nothing against the atmosphere and service. I followed some recommendations and choice the steak which was a bad choice. So overall a place to go, but we found much better ones in the region.

Date of visit: August 2016