All reviews cala millor nearby hotel first morning min walk half board dutch tlc alexandra reception taxi caves
Reviewed 30 September 2016

We had a 1 bed apartment on the ground floor - nice and clean spacious. Basic but ok could have a bit more equipment in the kitchen. No complaints about the sleep quality but I would imagine the road could be very noisy in high season. Staff at the hotel Muyrca where you check in are fantastic as the cleaning team. The area its self is nice and peaceful with some good restaurants. I would advise having a car as there is not much in the way of public transport. Overall a very nice value break in the sun

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Julesy82000
Reviewed 29 August 2016

First of all the location is spot on as it is close to centre and even closer to the beach,but the apartments themselves are not in my opinion even worthy of a two star rating more of a one.This is supposed to be a ' self catering ' apartment and therefore you should be able to cook meals or whatever and do basic things within your apartment however I must emphasise that these apartments are basic to the EXTREME good luck trying to cook as the kitchen contains nothing more than two rusty,old Hobbs and a few pans.If you want a kettle,microwave or hairdryer you have to pay a ten pound deposit - you keep them in business and they treat you like thieves.Now there are no staff on site which is not made clear whatsoever when booking so when you arrive you have to go to the hotel Mayurca around 250 yards away I do not know why this is but all I can say about it is that I have never been to apartments before that have no reception so that concept was obviously not invented by Einstein.Now here come the worst bit our room had No hot water at all so we reported it to reception and told it would be fixed by an engineer the next morning,the next morning comes around and still no hot water so we reported it to a woman called Alexjandra at reception who gave us the couldn't care less kind of look and explained to us that an engineer had been out and fixed it and said it was fine,right ok I turn the shower on only to be greeted with freezing cold water that doesn't seem fixed to me.This is a scenario with only two options 1.They are liars or 2. They have a rubbish engineer I would say it is more likely to be option 1 as we were treated (like I am sure many others have been) like we didn't matter.It was like oh you don't stay at this luxury 4* hotel you just stay at the 2* Canyamel Garden apartments so you don't belong in here that corresponds with the time when we asked if we could use their pool as ours was busy and theirs was quiet but was told if everybody did the same it would make it busy - am I missing something here they are owned by the same company GR Hotels.es, their pool is dead quiet and we only mean us not everyone and we have discovered that other hotels used our pool hence why our pool was so busy.Oh and by the way if you use the shops on the Main Street take your pick as they are all useless miserys so I buy stuff from their shop and I don't get hola,Gracias or anything.Plus the maids only come in once a week otherwise there are no fresh towels,the bin is not emptied and beds not made.

Room Tip: Rooms second floor and above that face the forest.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank VWGolfR
Reviewed 9 August 2016

The apartment was spacious but very basic. It's located at the main street so you can hear the noise of the traffic all day and night - unless you have bedroom window away from the street and away from the pool. We asked for one when making a reservation few months before, but were given just the opposite. Very incomfortable beds (old mattresses), bathroom needs renovating, the fridge was old and was leaking gas, the frying pan was completely rusty. One of the towels was covered with silicone. During our 6 night stay there was no cleaning and nobody came to take away the garbage. Pretty expensive for what they offer. Friendly staff at the reception.

Room Tip: I would advise you to ask for bedroom away from the street, but they don't read requests...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2016

The apartments are spacious, clean but quite basic. There is a 2 ring hob, and a kettle or other appliances are available if you pay a 10 euro deposit each. But the apartment is pleasantly situated, no more than 5 minutes from the beach. The apartments are managed by the Hotel Mayurca, and the staff couldn't be more helpful, including arranging for a doctor when one of our party was injured, and trying to sort out our return transport to Palma airport when our pre-booked did not turn up.
This is a small, family oriented resort area without the noise and bustle of some of the bigger towns, but nearby resorts such as Cala Millor or Porto Christo can be reached by a daily bus service. It is a really great place for a holiday on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank CurlyBlue67
Reviewed 4 July 2016

The apartment very clean and spacious. Very basic but you get what you pay for. Staff at the hotel very good. This resort very quiet not for everyone but we loved it. The beach was Beautiful you can catch a bus no problem. The pool area was good also

Room Tip: We would have preferred ground floor as it was a bit of a climb up the stairs
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple