“Dinner on 28/12/2016 Arlene & Chris Rigden”

La Cocina de Colacho
Ranked #2 of 211 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Price range: US$42 - US$78
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

My husband and I ate dinner at La Cocina de Colacha last night. The welcome from Anabel and her staff was very warm and service was fantastic. The ambience here is one of relaxation and excellence. Superb food, all fresh ingredients treated with love and respect for their quality. Chef is an expert at his craft, as the food was excellent. Wine list is as you would expect in a high class Spanish restaurant. Lovely bottle of recommended Rioja which was delicious. We will be back twice per year as we are most years to Lanzarote, and will be visiting La Cocina every time. Many thanks Anabel, we loved the dining experience very much. ❤ 10 out of 10 for both food and experience.

2  Thank Arlene R
There are newer reviews for La Cocina de Colacho

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Myself and my wife ate here on the 20th Dec 2016 the last night before the restaurant closed for the Christmas holidays. We'd read the reviews before our trip to Playa Blanca and wanted to treat ourselves to a nice meal while we were on holiday so chose La Cocina de Colacho and we are so glad we did.

The evening started off with us turning up an hour early for our reservation as I'd set my watch to the wrong timezone which caught out the owner Colacho (I realised my mistake half way through the meal and apologised) as the restaurant hadn't opened.

The restaurant was very relaxed and Anabel was a super host very bubbly and genuinely happy to be of service to her guests.

The food was some of the best food we've eaten and if it wasn't the last night before it closed for Christmas I'm sure we'd had made another visit before the end of our holiday. My wife and the "Blue Fish special" and I had the Lamb shoulder both of which were excellent, washed down with a very nice red wine which was recommended by Anabel. Everything was cooked fresh and you could see Colacho cooking in the kitchen from the tables.

All in all a first class night and I'd highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates fine dining food that's lovingly prepared.

Many thanks to Anabel and Colacho I hope you had a lovely Christmas.
Best Wishes
Jonathan & Caroline.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Just wanted to say what a brilliant meal we had last night. The food and service was exemplary even though it was, unsurprisingly, very busy. I have to mention the Iberian pork special I had which was one of the best things I have tasted.

Judging by last night it doesn't need my help but I hope it will continue to do well as it deserves to.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

Google maps does not work well here. Walking from top (north) entrance of Volcan Hotel it's 5 minutes walk, 3 blocks, left out of hotel 200 yards turn left then right and it's at the crossroads, in a residential area. Does not look like much by day but beautiful design inside and out comes alive at night. Reservation essential. Menu quite different from tourist restaurants, the full Masterchef presentation complete with tuille. Wine perfectly presented. Portion size just right. Would return like a shot: best thing by far in Playa Blanca. Do not miss this gastro delight after samey tourist food. Good value, 250 euros for 4 of us.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

Plenty of space allowed around each table, the food was cooked to order, we watched the chef cooking it as there is a glass 'window' that allows you to see into the kitchen. Happy to alter food to suit different requirements. One family with children were there when we visited, but they were sat in a different part of the restaurant to us.
It is not cheap though