“Superb”

Price range: US$42 - US$78
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

After 2 weeks in playa blanca and visiting some good but not outstanding restaurants we had saved best to last. Great service from lady of house and beautiful food from husband in kitchen. Family had suckling pig fantastic, black Iberian pork very nice and fillet steak superb. Lovely desserts and delicious pesquera wine. By far the best in playa blanca. Lovely touch taking kids into the kitchen to see around and meet chef.

There are newer reviews for La Cocina de Colacho

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Firstly a thank you to Annabel for the very warm welcome we received when we walked in, we felt very relaxed the entire evening. We were shown to our tables and immediately the waitress came over and asked if we would like some water. When we were ready Annabel then came over and took our orders and from there you could tell she was very passionate about the food that they serve. Annabel then brought is over a complementary taster which was a king prawn on a slice of cucumber with sauce and cheese. This was very nice and the prawn was very fresh. My starter arrived, I ordered the 'Fuie Terrine with caramelised apple and toasts' it was very well presented and was delicious (apologies for the photo, I started eating it before taking the photo). It was a very generous portion. Then the mains arrived and we were blown away! I ordered the Roast suckling pig with stewed apple and vegetables and it was to die for. Full of flavour and again very well presented, my wife ordered the 'Grilled fillet steak served with days sauce and glazed baby vegetables' yet again amazing presentation and very well cooked fillet steak, myself and my wife are very big steak lovers and she claims that this was the best steak she has ever had, and I must admit it was pretty damn good! The pork was cooked to perfection and just melted in my mouth, the crackling too was very well cooked and very tasty, the jus that covered the pork was full of flavour and the sauce that was also presented along side the pork complimented the dish perfectly. Finally was the desserts and we both went for the 'Hot chocolate coulant with ice cream and crispy caramel' Again superbly presented and very light, being chocolate I thought it would be quite heavy and rich however I was pleasantly surprised and I ate it all, The home made ice cream was delicious along with the crispy caramel. I could not recommend this restaurant enough!! If you are in Lanzarote you must try this restaurant! It is beautiful on the inside and out with excellent art work throughout. Thank you Annabel for your hospitality. Joe + Charlotte.

2  Thank Joetooker95
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We had read the reviews and really wanted to be impressed by this place. The owner was lovely and very enthusiastic. Sadly we found the food to be very bland - we had the leg of lamb which had hardly any flavour, and the black pig special which was tough and also lacked flavour. Such a shame.

1  Thank Kerry J
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Hi, John and Dianne here. We have been on holiday for 2 weeks and saw the reviews on T/A so thought we would give it a go. Came on my 62nd birthday and was totally blown away by the whole experience! Annabel, at front of house was totally charming and attentive (she is the joint owner with her husband who is the chef) The food was amazing, from the 'amuse bouche ', the bread with oil, salt and crushed tomato, the wonderful starters, to the main course, I had the fillet (cooked to perfection), Dianne had the Iberian black pig special ( it was just "melt in the mouth") and then the desserts.... Wow! We both had the "Chocolate Coulant" which was to die for!! The complimentary chilled liqueur to finish is a nice touch too!
All in all, a beautiful meal in lovely surroundings. So good in fact we went again the following week for Dianne's birthday! Just as good! If not better!! Will definitely come again when we return to Lanzarote next year. 5 *s

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic food and service. Not a wide choice of dishes but what they cook is exceptional. You must try the slow cooked black Iberian pig. The best pork I've ever tasted. Only open Monday to Thursday and booking essential. Can't wait to go back