“Good sashimi and sushi”

Ranked #119 of 211 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: KAZAN Japones is situated in the same complex as the Hotel Volcan around the Marina Rubicon area of Playa Blanca. Our Japanese dishes are cooked fresh in front of your eyes and if you are staying at the hotel or not we welcome everyone to our restaurant. We recommend you book as we get very busy and do not want to disappoint, you can also walk in or take away if you prefer.
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Visited whilst staying at Hotel Volcan. Good food, wine and service. Had the sashimi and sushi boat, all very high quality.

There are newer reviews for Kazan Japones Lanzarote

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I don't really know what to make of this restaurant. The food was okay, not all Japanese though, the view was spectacular, but the atmosphere was too quiet and it didn't feel as Oriental as I felt it should have. It was very hidden away, so it was very quiet, and it was such a magnificent setting that without the added customer-added atmosphere it felt hollow. The food was okay, sushi not great, but the rest wasn't too bad and was fairly tasty. Overall, I thought it was a pleasant meal, but I found I have very mixed opinions on different parts of the experience.

Reviewed 20 August 2016

small portions, oddly spicy sea bass, probably the worst Japanese restaurant of the dozens I have visited

Reviewed 15 August 2016

I arrived late on a Saturday night so the other restaurants were not open. I tried Kazan and it was perfectly good food. You can watch it being cooked and the service is very good. It is a very good alternative to the other restaurants in the hotel. It is lovely, serene and no where near as chaotic as the other restaurants.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

As per my first review, when I gave Kazan 2*, I did prompt that we were going to revisit.

I am pleased to say we did and by going for the full menu we had a much better experience and am happy to raise my review to a 4*.

The setting is amazing with great views over Rubicon Marina and, at the time of night we went, we got to see the glorious sunset we became accustomed too.

The full menu gives you so much more variety; the quality is excellent with everything prepared and cooked on the hot plate within the restaurant it self by a clearly trained chef.

As guests at The Hotel Volcán, you also get discount of around 25% which actually made the meal very, very reasonable indeed.

As per my original review, I would definitely recommend going but would still steer clear of the half-board option.