“Garlic Prawns”

Ranked #89 of 229 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2018

If you want garlic prawns in Playa Blanca this is the place to go. Okay El Galeon does not have the views of front and the waiters are not the happiest bunch of people however it is worth going there just for prawns. I also tried the sardine fillets and they were top notch.

2  Thank Dave J

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Not a great location, but the food and service make up for it. Great fish and shellfish at a keen price. Popular with locals including fishermen and the police. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We have visited this place a few times because it's my wife's favourite restaurant for grilled local sardines . Served with canary potatoes and a small side salad ,these are well grilled and filleted and delicious . I had avacardo pear with prawns which was disappointing because it was so small ,not much bigger than a large boiled egg ! The service is poor ,reluctant waiters much more interested in the group of noisy locals sat drinking at the outside tables . It took two visits to the till to get a bill and we would have had further drinks had anyone come back to the table to ask . This is a nice place but really needs to look at its service .

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here one evening as my husband loves seafood. He hasn't stop talking about his meal as it was so good. I had pork chops which were also delicious. Wine was good and so was the service. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

We travelled by bus to the market at the Rubicon Marina from
Puerto del Carmen. After having a good look round the market we walked to the port just to have lunch here. We passed every other restaurant on the promenade looked at, no doubt very good menus but having been to this place before we new just how good it is.
Terrible location next to a car park opposite the ferry terminal. I think it also may be a coach drop off point. Ignore all that, the locals eat here and they wouldn't unless the food was great and it is. The wine list is great value as well. I absolutely recommend this venue for great food at amazing prices.