“Pulpo a la Gallega with Style”
Review of La Bodega

La Bodega
Ranked #132 of 226 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Reviewed 20 January 2017

This is a very cosy restaurant at the water front, and they deliver really the best Pulpo a la Gallega I've ever eaten!. They also have a high standard whine cellars with exquisite selection of local wines and others from around the World, but mainly Spanish and form the Island. Although they were closed when I visited in January, I recall a great experience. Service is also good.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

A great tapas bar in Playa Blanca ...Our second visit and it won't be our last.Great selection of tapas and great views.There was great music while we were there.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Been here on 3 occasions during previous holidays and enjoyed it but sadly this time we felt let down.
We looked at the menu out front and there were tapas on the menu for about €4 so we went in and took a seat.
Waiter comes for your drinks before he shows you the menu. We ordered 2 glasses of wine which were quite small. When we looked at the menu all the tapas were €9 plus. We asked about the front menu to be told abruptly "this is tapas menu"
We looked around and the tapas being served were no different to other tapas we have been having all week for half the price so we decided to go elsewhere. I asked for my bill and it came to €6.85 which was slightly over the top as usually a glass of wine is about €2.50-€3.00 on the front strip. I put a €10 down and it was taken away. I waited and waited ....and waited some more for my change. After exactly 20 minutes I could wait no more and asked for my change. I waited 5 minutes more and it was slapped down on the table. No tip was left here!
We then went to El Perigrino Tapas bar instead which was fabulous. We had been in about half an hour when who should come in for his lunch but the waiter who served us in La Bodega!.
Says it all I think!

1  Thank Mick B
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Poor service, the wait was incredibly long, the food was overpriced. The onion rings and the padron peppers were for us the best. I was most disappointed in the squid, I think my car tyre would have been less chewy....Yo Sushi squid puts here to shame, which I find hard to believe for the med!

Overall disappointing!

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Overpriced. Average food. Rushed service, like they couldn't wait to get rid of us. Also, kept trying to push the wine sales. Disappointing compared to last year.