“Stop here for a "PROPER BREW"”

JonnieBakes Artisan Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #3 of 4 Dessert in Teguise
Reviewed 28 May 2018

On our second visit to Teguise without the market, we wandered over the road to JonnieBakes. We had a lovely welcome from Jonnie and he made my partner a proper brew ! Try the apple strudel pot which he warms up its yummy, all very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We stopped at this gem of a bakery and coffee shop today. All the produce is freshly baked each day and the scone and baked cheesecake we sampled were first rate. I have not know it was there but now I do I will be visiting regularly on my visits to the island. I would recommend everyone to visit to sample the great pastries and the wonderful hospitality.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I cannot say enough about Jonnie Bakes. We stopped in after a trip to the Sunday market and were greeted by none other than Jonnie himself. He made us feel like we were old friends that had been shopping there for years. We perused the wide array of baked goods in the display case as he described them to us, and then ordered the Victoria Sponge and Snickers Cake along with two Cappuccinos. The business is cash only, so make sure to bring some along if you're going to visit. I stumbled slightly as I tried to use a credit card, and had minimal cash, but Jonnie reassured us and told us to eat first and settle our debt later because "Life is too short." We had a great conversation with Jonnie and his friends who were also at the bakery while we ate our delicious baked goods. We were even given a gratis cake to try giving us that special feeling that only a true business owner who cares about the customers can provide.

It is worth the drive to Teguise whether you plan to go there or not to get some delicious food at Jonnie Bakes. The service and food are both top-notch, and once you meet Jonnie you will want to keep coming back!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

A great little cafe/bakery on the approach to the town. The best coffee on the island. The best freshly baked cakes and pastries. The two proprietors are delightful. A must visit place if you're visiting the town.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

Everyone should visit jonnie bakes when in Lanzarote..(Teguise)
He is not only a great guy,he is a FANTASTIC baker.
The welcome you get from Jonnie and Anton at the bakery,makes you feel you never wont to leave there.
Wonderful cakes,savorys,beautiful bread and not forgetting the coffee.
FAB,FAB,FAB.