US$124
US$113
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationnice hotelair conditioningrooms are cleanwalking distancebusiness triprecommend this hotelcar parkcoffee and teafive minute walkaround the cornermagnifying mirrorrooms and great breakfastshops and restaurantsenjoyed my staystaff were very helpful and friendlybreakfast is served
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay would come again. Facilities are good and rooms are clean. Breakfast is buffet style and dinner menu is simple and caters for most tastes. A bonus for me that non alcoholic bottled beers are avaialble and not bad.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2018

I had a phenomenal stay at the Hampshire Hotel! The bed was large and comfortable, as well as the bathroom was large and clean. I am glad to have found this hotel for this deal! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who would like to stay in the Hengelo area.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 February 2018

The hotel was a nice hotel and the food in the restaurant was good. I found it slightly unusual, but it was of good quality. The parking is in the private car park just past the hotel. You will be required to register at reception. The room was of a good quality and modern and clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
MC_Dooren, General Manager at City Hotel Hengelo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear Paul,
Thank you for your visit to our hotel and ofcourse for leaving this pleasant review. We hope to welcome you again!

Best regards,
Marieke Dooren - General Manager

Reviewed 13 November 2017

The hotel is 2 min walk from the train station. Easy to get to. It has a good structure, breakfast and dinner in the hotel restaurant. Spacious and quiet room. Just need a little more attention with the curtains and carpet to not smell mold. And I bought the winter package that included a toast and tickets to a park. But they forgot to provide.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampshire Hotels
MC_Dooren, General Manager at City Hotel Hengelo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear guest, thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.I'm really sorry we completely forgot to give you the tickets for Winterworld. If you planning to visit us again soon, please let me know, so I can provide you the tickets.
The carpet was replaced this year, I will check with housekeeping what we can do to eliminate the smell. We are planning to replace the curtains in the beginning of 2018, so these will smell nice and fresh some time soon. My apologies for the inconveniences you experienced! We hope to welcome you again soon!
With kind regards, Marieke Dooren-General Manager

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

My sister and I booked rooms here due to visiting for a weekend to see a band in a local venue. Normally I research hotels etc but this time it was all done before I had a chance. This normally worries me. Fear not, this is a high class establishment with large double rooms and comfortable beds. The rooms have the usual tea/coffee TV etc, also a safe. I couldn't get it to work though. The hotel is in the middle of town and very close to bars cafe's and the station is a quick 10 minute walk.
Breakfast is a cold buffet type, a bit of confusion whether we had booked breakfast or not but nobody asked us so in we went. The car parking is next door in the multi-story but you can pay a flat rate in the hotel roughly €10 per day.
All in all it is a nice place and would return if the opportunity arose.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends