“Best Pizza outside of Naples!”
Review of Buon appetito

Buon appetito
Ranked #46 of 312 Restaurants in Hove
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nice cona premiere with a beautiful italian colours.
Reviewed 20 November 2016

I don't want to go on about this too much - and my partner is is already bored of me 'going on about it' - but I simply must say how lovely the Margherita Pizza was when I dined at Buon Appetito last night (Saturday 19th Nov).

No matter how sad this sounds, I've been chasing this high (!) so to speak for the last 12 years when I had a similarly magnificent pizza at a tiny restaurant in Naples...

The food has a lovely, un-processed 'rustic' quality and very much looks home-made. The sauce on the base of the pizza was subtle and very generous - and not sweet; the mozzarella cheese tasted very fresh - and the bread base was especially yummy and a bit yeasty. It all blended together beautifully. Surprisingly cheap at under £6 for a huge pizza.

My starter was also very nice - Ciabatta A Modo Mio - surprisingly expensive for two very small bits of bread at £6.95.

I very much liked the service - quiet, polite - but not pushy or chatty which I can't bear. It all seemed a modest family affair which I liked. We sat next to the window which meant we could be super-quiet which I also liked.

The proprietor was very affable as well and somehow made the place seem very homely - yet professional - if you know what I mean.

My partner had Tortellini Al Burro e Parmigiano which funnily enough did not seem a very generous portion at all, but it tasted fine on the whole. Nothing all that special. His starter was extremely good however - fried mozzarella in bed crumbs in a huge ocean of beautifully prepared Sugo al pomodoro.

Go immediately.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

Good lunch, excellent value but disgusted that they charged an extra 50p for more cheese on a 9 year olds pasta meal.

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

We were off to have a Thai or a Chinese but ended up here and in the end it was a good choice.
True Italian food and I'm usually quite picky with Italian food as it's my favorite. I had beautiful bruschetta for starters ! They were truly yummy. Special mention to these marinated peppers because I've had a lot in my life but these were above average. Then opted for penne alla siciliana which were spicy and tasty. It's a very good place and the prices are reasonable ! Staff were helpful too.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

3 of us came here for a late dinner last Wednesday.
Staff very friendly and attentive. Pasta was very tasty (can recommend the penne with meatballs!) and the house red wine was very drinkable (we had 2 bottles!)
Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Very friendly staff, fast but not hurried service and delicious food. Small restaurant but never feels packed in. Can't fault it.