“Proper Italian pizza.”
Review of La Tavola D'oro

La Tavola D'oro
Reviewed 4 September 2017

It is rare to come across good proper Italian pizzas such as found here. In a league way above your average chain pizza rubbish! Altogether a very good place.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We spent the day decorating and decided to go for an early evening meal. Everything is freshly cooked. I had avocado with prawns and my wife the scallops, both were delicious and lots of scallops. Both of us had Seafood Risotto - lots of prawns, squid and mussels. We shared a dessert and enjoyed bottle of reasonably priced wine. Service was attentive and good evening out. A real plus to the town. The only very slight niggle was that a finger bowl would have been useful after tackling the risotto mussels.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We all had lovely meals here, great service and good value for money. The stonebaked pizzas are absolutely delicious. This restaurant is quite relaxed so suitable for families with children. There are separate children sized portions but you can also have many of the main dishes as a starter size.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We were too late to book a table in Wells so went for La Tavola D'oro instead. Food was really delicious. Kids pizzas were huge and both of them were very happy. Pasta was well cooked, flavours were spot on and really tasty. I thought my portion was a little small but I helped the kids finish their pizzas so I was full anyway. Staff were attentive and generally friendly.
Free parking after 6 just a minute's walk away.
Only negative was a few people hanging around nearby when we left, some drinking. No one bothered us but with the kids in tow I didn't feel like hanging about in the town. Not the restaurant's fault of course.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

A repeat visit to a lovely, family friendly restaurant. The food is beautifully cooked and served and there is something for everyone-so many choices for my vegan hubby too! Don't let the empty tables put you off-this place is a gem!