We visited Coconut Bay Resort in St. Lucia in April, 2011 for a couples vacation. We loved the resort, staff and local workers that we met! Guests were Canadian, American and British at the time. Its a good idea to meet people and travel together to share transportation costs. A taxi driver from the resort took us on a personal tour of the island and explained history, agriculture and anything we wondered about. He stopped and showed us interesting plants, flowers and we tasted fruits, we saw animals, farming areas, the sulfur springs and mud bath ($3 Canadian admission!), warm waterfalls pools and the volcano area in Soufriere - all very affordable. He had a clean air conditioned Toyota minivan that was very comfortable and stopped so we could meet some friendly local people at a fishing village, a store, Catholic church, shops, and roadside grill. We didn't want to drive in such hilly areas but another couple rented cool motorbikes and travelled all day sightseeing and had a great time. They said they got a little lost but St. Lucian's just pointed them to the only paved highway and said keep going and you will find everything! Another day our driver took us into local shops about 5 minutes away and helped us book a fishing charter with Captain Ricky (his office is in a hardware store near the liquor store and it's cheaper to book there than through the hotel - we paid about $80 per person for 4 hours and caught 4 big fish and the hotel prepared our King Fish for dinner. We were able to give fish to a local beach vendor for his family-cool!). There is a good place to buy local $6/ bottle Lime Rum, Coconut Rum and hot sauce to take home just a 5 minute drive from the hotel. One evening we drove to Castries with a group and stopped at a seedy karaoke bar and then went to a big fish fry and street party. The fish served was so good- red snapper with local spices, rice, chicken ! There was modern music, drinking, dancing, no begging but vendors were assertive (and drugs - don't let your teenagers go down there alone- that can be a sexy party) !
At the resort, the adult pool has a bar, cool bartenders who chat all day and even sing and tease and flirt while blending their delicious fruity concoctions, and there is a deck overlooking the ocean so you can hop into the waves when the heat gets too much and there is always a nice Atlantic breeze. There are hammocks, a spa and outdoor shower in that area too. Down at the main pool there is a grill that makes awesome brie and ham grilled sandwiches, wings, burgers, fries and all kinds of great food. The family pool area has a lazy river, waterslides and more of a sandy beach. We saw a prickly fish and a big crab there.
There is a lot of sea grass that you have to wade through to get into the Atlantic ocean waves and the sand is darker than the Caribbean side of the island in Castries where most other resorts are situated. I would love to go back to St. Lucia and stay on that side but I wouldn't trade this vacation because we were very satisfied and comfortable and paid around $3000 Canadian/couple for the week for this all-inclusive, as well as being able to easily travel to all the sights.
April was a great time to go and no, in July, we are still darkly tanned!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, complimentary WIFI, 8 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, JackRabbit Systems, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort