The main hotel is spilt into two - Harmony for adults only and Splash for families, then there is a completely separate section called Serenity which looks beautiful.
We stayed in the splash side of the hotel on level 4 which was a concierge room. These give you the best views and a few extras - services of the concierge, beers and soft drinks in the mini bar, a late afternoon snack and a bottle of spirit (e.g. Jack Daniels) per room.
The room are very spacious and bright. We had 2 rooms, one had a king size bed and a sofa / bed / pullout under-bed, the other had 2 double beds. There is plenty of storage space - 2 wardrobes, with a decent amount of hangers, shelves and drawers, plus there is a small safe, which is free to use.
The amenities in the bathrooms are good quality, we had Crabtree & Evelyn - shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion, topped up as required.
There is a laundry room which has 3 large washing machines and a couple of dryers, we had read about this so took a handful of 2in1 washing/softner pods. It does say to buy tokens at the shop, but they are no longer required, the facility is free. It was wonderful to come home with lots of clean washing for a change!
The kids club was fantastic. Lots of different activities. Our 10 year old wanted to go virtually every day and some nights too.
Obviously there is the slides and lazy river, but there are are also 2 other family pools, the splash pool, which has the swim up bar (kids get there own bar too), the pool has one side which its graduated so you can walk in. The second pool is the activity pool where they do the water aerobics and volleyball. There are plenty of sunbeds, although you did have to be up early if you wanted a bed near an umbrella around the splash pool, which was a shame - CBay, please get more umbrellas, as most people need some shade at some point during the day. If you're lucky enough to be able to use the adult side as we were, there are two pools and a bar. There are a number of 'sun seeker' sunbeams which are on a plinth which can be rotated to face the sun.
Obviously, there are also sunbeds and a bar on the beach. The beach does have seaweed, but the hotel are continually clearing it away.
The buffet restaurant offered fresh eggs, omelettes, french toast, crepes, waffles, smoothies etc for breakfast, plus the usual cereals, fruit, bacon, sausage, beans, breads, pancakes & pastries. At lunchtime, the counters offered freshly cooked stir fry and pasta, plus salad, hot dishes and a kids corner. Evenings saw the counters usually with freshly cooked meats & fish, plus the salads, hot dishes & kids corner. The number of hot dishes was less than we've experience previously, so there were occasions where one or more of us were not too satisfied with what was on offer.
There are three a la carte restaurants, two of which have a dress code (long pants and closed shoes for men). Silk is Asian style, quite nice, but we had quite poor service the second time. Capri is Italian, delicious and the service in there was particularly good from M
This area also provides fast food throughout the day and turns into a late night snack bar.
The most impressive in my opinion was Calabash, which served delicious steaks and seafood. The beef tenderloin was divine and the creme brûlée was the best I've ever had.
I have to shout out Natasha at the lounge bar, who had our order by the second day and always made sure we got our favourite tipple.
The entertainment was better than we've experienced for many, many years. Singers, musicians & theme nights, my absolute favourite being Cowboy Sealy, followed by the steel drum band.
There is so much to do if you want to, but equally the entertainment team don't push you if you just want to do your own thing. Make sure you get a weekly activity sheet so you don't miss anything.
We experienced a coupe of issues, but when the hotel were aware of them, the did what they could to rectify, so overall really pleased with the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, complimentary WIFI, 8 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Booking.com so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort