As everyone states, this is the closest hotel to the airport - its right around the corner and the shuttle to and from the airport is good.
We reserved the Harmony concierge package. We were greeted right away by the concierge who was then going away on vacation the next day, We never had contact with her replacement. Restaurant reservations were already made for you - a bit strange considering you have no idea if you want the ones they have chosen for you. There were two nights of everyone together outside with entertainment and multiple food stations. It was a bit strange to have U.S. country music as entertainment - not really what one wants in St. Lucia. The second night was better with a local band. Harmony concierge gets you a private dinner by the adult pool. This was a very nice evening with good food, entertainment and dancing - probably the best perk.
The rooms are good although there were a number of problems, toilet broke three times, refrigerator didn't work but these were addressed quickly. Fourth floor rooms just barely give you an ocean view - the palms are so high but it's nice to be there on the top floor.
Our housekeeper, Seraphine, was excellent and very friendly - every day a new towel decoration and a very clean room.
The food is decent here with Calabash and Silk the best choices. Capri is outside next to the game area, not a quiet or cool place to dine. Harmony also has a special breakfast area with table service and a great view. Service here is surly, every day...we waited 20 minutes one day for a table to be cleared and set for us. I honestly found that service every where, except for the bartenders left much to be desired. There were exceptions but overall not too friendly.
There is a long stretch of beach here and at the end of the property, Paradise Beach. Do go there. It's quiet, with a bar, bathrooms and lounge chairs. Yes, there is a sea grass problem here - they try to keep on top of it but it's constant.
We visited Serenity across the street - if you can get upgraded or are able to go there, do so! It's exceptional. There's no ocean view but you are able to use all facilities at Coconut.
The gym is good - it has what you need. I did not use the spa so I cannot rate that. There are a lot of pools here and a lot of families. It is a good choice for them. You will meet a lot of friendly guests staying in the Harmony side and the adult pools are great for socializing. Dylan is an excellent bartender at the adult pool bar - he will take care of you.
Overall, it was good but the hotel does needs to be modernized.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 85 acres, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa offers two worlds in one prominent oceanfront setting along St. Lucia's exotic south coast. Located closest to the international airport and the island's most exciting attractions, this all-inclusive resort features: 250 air-conditioned rooms, complimentary WIFI, 8 restaurants plus beach grill, 7 bars including swim-up pool bar, 5 pools (including 2 adults only), 1 mile of beach, complete fitness centre, oceanfront spa, the island's largest waterpark, supervised Kidz Klub, paintball, kitesurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, daily activities, nightly entertainment and much more! Designed to please all ages, this casually Caribbean, incredibly all-inclusive retreat is perfect for singles, families, couples, weddings or honeymoons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Bay Resort St Lucia
- Coconut St Lucia
- St Lucia Coconut Bay Resort
- Coconut Bay Resort All Inclusive
- Spa Coconut Bay
- Resort Coconut Bay
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Resort Spa St Lucia
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa St. Lucia/Vieux Fort