Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Aupic Paradise(Vieux Fort)(Great Value!)
US$60
Agoda.com
Runway Inn(Vieux Fort)
TripAdvisor
6,482 results
All reviewslazy riverwater slideskids clubswim up barcoconut baythe grillst luciaadult poolatlantic sidebuffet restauranta la carte restaurantssomething for everyonesea grassmud bathcaribbean nightentertainment staffmain restaurant
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed from 7-21st Aug as a family of 4 with a 9 year old and 8 year old. Lots of positives about the hotel - most of the food (lots of choice for veggies), and cocktails were lovely and children enjoyed going to the kids club doing lots of different activities. They also loved the swim up bar.
Our room was large, clean and cool due to the much needed AC. Bathroom wasn't as bad as other reviews would suggest. Lazy river and slides also good. The children made lots of friends from different countries and could safely run around all day.
The views of the Maria Islands were beautiful. Loved the Harmony side when we got a chance to get over there (although it would be nice if it was truly peaceful by deterring people from 'sharing' their rubbish taste in music over there)...
We'd recommend Edmund Tours for their excursion to mud baths, waterfall, Sugar Beach etc. Excellent value for money and lots of cold drinks inc beer and rum punch included. Find them on the beach.
We'd also recommend doing Vernon's morning yoga and aqua aerobics (a hard workout!). My husband became a big fan and he's already superfit!
There were several things we think the hotel needs to do to improve. Firstly they need to improve the sound insulation between the rooms as we had noisy American neighbours above and next to us at one point running around and shouting until midnight - either that or have a quieter side or more lively side that you could choose to be in.
Secondly I wasnt keen on the Blu Bar / Beach Grill area - too dark and concretey and felt like a downmarket youth club. The grill frequently ran out of chips, the orders were done in the wrong order, and the servers there were not the friendliest. The table football table needs replacing as it was broken.
Thirdly there needs to be a lot more umbrellas around the Splash and Activity pools as the loungers with umbrellas were all reserved by 8am. We pale skinned Brits need a little shade.
It would also be nice if they had a kids disco at least one night as apart from the twice weekly outdoor food nights there was not much in the way of family entertainment. We played cards in the bar most nights.
The tipping thing was also a bit awkward for us as it's not a British custom whereas the Americans were tipping everyone they saw! The hotel has some great staff so we hope they are paid well and not reliant on tips.
All in all we had a lovely family holiday. Thank you.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Claire O
Chris C, Guest Relations Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hello Claire!
I'm pleased to read that your family had such an enjoyable holiday at Coconut Bay. Knowing that your children are safe and having a great time definitely makes it easier to relax. You'll be pleased to know that as I type this our Beach Grille and Blu Bar are getting a complete overhaul, turning the place into a modern and fun atmosphere that you will be able to enjoy on your next visit. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to improve our guests' experience. Thank you for visiting, we hope to see you soon.

Cheers!
Chris

Reviewed 5 September 2017

This was my first time visiting St. Lucia so needless to say my expectations were high. Those expectations quickly dwindled. I traveled with my daughter and as soon as we got to our room we were informed that our patio door was not locking correctly....not a big deal to me at the time and the maintenance person came and fixed it immediately. The room was a little below average for my liking. There were things that needed updating but it was ok. One of my biggest disappointments was the food. This is an all inclusive restaurant, I expected the food to be great, if not great, good...most of the food was below average in my opinion execpt for Calabash which was exceptional. The coconut walk restaurant which is buffet style constantly was not air conditioned and was extremely hot and humid. It didn't make for a pleasant dining experience. If I had my choice I would have eaten at Calabash for every meal, but unfortunately you have to make reservations for Calabash, Silk and Capri. So if you do stay at this resort make your dinner reservations as soon as you arrive because they book up fast. One of the worst experiences of the trip is that my daughter was bitten several times on her legs by mosquitoes...something I never thought about. The bites were very itchy and the resort ran out of repellent...it was a nightmare. We had our room sprayed, she wore long clothing but still continued to get bit every night. Make sure you pack plenty of mosquito repellent. Coconut Bay is about an hour away from popular attractions. If I would have realized that I wouldn't have stayed there...that is my fault. Some good things about the resort is that the staff was very friendly and Sonn one of the bartenders at the lobby bar made our stay pleasurable...without his personality and sense of humor it would have been a much different stay. The pools were nice and there were plenty of lounge chairs. I also really enjoyed the spa and had a very nice massage. Bottom line for me is that if I traveled to St. Lucia again, I would definitely not stay at Coconut Bay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
11  Thank leslie3223
Reviewed 5 September 2017

OK, was a little worried when I read the reviews, but happy to say my concern was non-existent - rooms are fine, good is fine and the staff really are exceptional.

Travelled with my wife, and 15 and 12 year old boys and have to say this was one of our best family holidays with something for everyone.
Located 5 mins from the airport by a waiting transfer we were checked in efficiently in no time at all by the very efficient Aaron. Situated on the family Splash side we were on the 3rd floor (couldn't really see much point on being on any specific floor personally as view obstructed by trees, but this is not a negative. Rooms well equipped - bathrooms were great (couldn't see what the fuss is about in some reviews, but ours may have had a refurb). Lovely air conditioned rooms with 2 double beds and a seating area. In room safe, fridge (2 beers, water and some soft drinks replaced daily), made our two week stay very comfortable. Also managed to get some in room Wi-Fi, but that's not what you travel to St Lucia for anyway.

Restaurants - breakfast was great; waffle station, crepes, eggs benedict, cereals, smoothies, other cooked items and great omelettes courtesy of Lynne. Next to the pool there was a Jerk Chicken house offering fish, chicken and pork and other locally influenced food and between the pools a pizza station offering bespoke pizzas, burgers, sandwiches etc and unlimited fries, nuggets, pizza, nachos, fruit, yoghurt etc which kept the kids happy. Bars were great offering premium spirits and cocktails (loved the French Quarters!) with excellent service at the pool bar offered by Stephanie. Great entertainment for the kids; 2 pools, lazy river, a couple of water slides, pool tables, table tennis, water polo etc made it a effortless to while away the day. Buffet restaurant and theme nights we found a little bit more hot and miss but that was more of our own fussiness than the choice and quality. Tried Slik (Asian), nice food and attentive service and Calabash (Caribbean cuisine) again great, and brilliant service courtesy of Marvin.

Went on a couple of tours (use Dylan on the beach from Grasshoper) for Soufriere and the mud bath, boat trip etc which was great and good value. Also went on zip lining through the rainforest which was excellent,, and through the hotel we tried horseriding and segways...both absolutely brilliant.

We travel a lot and what made the biggest impression on us was the staff - everyone said hello, and were not doing this for tips (us Brits don't do this ordinarily). From the managers cocktail parties to passing staff members in the corridor to they brothers doing the horse riding and segways, we couldn't fault anyone and was sorry to leave.

The resort was well maintained, and I believe currently closed for a little TLC that will make it even better. It was safe enough for the kids to have some freedom and just a great atmosphere.

One piece to add re the beach - yes its Atlantic, yes its a little choppy at time, yes it has turtle grass that is constantly being removed by a tractor. Did it stop us lying on the beach - no...did it stop us going in the sea - no, did it stop other travellers swimming or using the watersports - no......support some of the local traders, they don't give you any hassle, spend some time enjoying the company of the lovely St Lucians and enjoy everything the island has to offer

Stayed: September 2017
9  Thank phileasfoggtmc

What a wonderful review to read this morning! We are so elated that you and your family had such an amazing holiday with us and got to experience all that Coconut Bay and the island of St. Lucia has to offer. From our many dining options, to exploring the island, to interacting with our top notch staff, sounds like everything was really wonderful. We thank you for choosing Coconut Bay and we hope you make us your annual family getaway.

Cheers!
Chris

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Visited St. Lucia for the first time 22 August thru 28 August. At first glance, the Coconut Bay was nice very tropical. My daughter and I were greeted with a Coconut Rum Punch, it was delicious. We checked in, in a timely manner and went directly to our room in the SPLASH section of the resort. Very tropical and beachy vibe. Until we got the odor of mildew, it was very over powering. We asked for another room and ended up upgrading to the HARMONY (adults only) section.

That $474.00 was money well spent, the housekeeping (Sephrine) was amazing and always very early. She made the stay well worth the upgrade. Front desk employees, Kimberly and Shawna were the best ever, always helpful and friendly.

The food was BAD, very bland, and tasteless. All the Resort restaurants were the same, horrid. The Silk had an asian flair, that was just plain disgusting. The only standout was the Calabash. The food was heavenly and very appetizing. With the exception of Calabash, we ended up going to the buffet after each restaurant. Nothing was kept on ice, All cold items were served at room temperature, the salmon, cream cheese, fruit, butter, every cold item.

Most upsetting was watching the Italian station making pasta with pats of butter that he had to pull out of the little individual containers. And there was NO TROPICAL FRUIT. Only watermelon, pineapple, honeydew, cantaloupe and bananas.

All in all, I probably would go back to St. Lucia, but not back to The Coconut Bay Resort Beach and Spa.

One final thing, the Spa was amazing!!!!

Room Tip: Harmony for adults, Splash for families.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
10  Thank DEBBY W
Reviewed 5 September 2017

As everyone states, this is the closest hotel to the airport - its right around the corner and the shuttle to and from the airport is good.
We reserved the Harmony concierge package. We were greeted right away by the concierge who was then going away on vacation the next day, We never had contact with her replacement. Restaurant reservations were already made for you - a bit strange considering you have no idea if you want the ones they have chosen for you. There were two nights of everyone together outside with entertainment and multiple food stations. It was a bit strange to have U.S. country music as entertainment - not really what one wants in St. Lucia. The second night was better with a local band. Harmony concierge gets you a private dinner by the adult pool. This was a very nice evening with good food, entertainment and dancing - probably the best perk.
The rooms are good although there were a number of problems, toilet broke three times, refrigerator didn't work but these were addressed quickly. Fourth floor rooms just barely give you an ocean view - the palms are so high but it's nice to be there on the top floor.
Our housekeeper, Seraphine, was excellent and very friendly - every day a new towel decoration and a very clean room.
The food is decent here with Calabash and Silk the best choices. Capri is outside next to the game area, not a quiet or cool place to dine. Harmony also has a special breakfast area with table service and a great view. Service here is surly, every day...we waited 20 minutes one day for a table to be cleared and set for us. I honestly found that service every where, except for the bartenders left much to be desired. There were exceptions but overall not too friendly.
There is a long stretch of beach here and at the end of the property, Paradise Beach. Do go there. It's quiet, with a bar, bathrooms and lounge chairs. Yes, there is a sea grass problem here - they try to keep on top of it but it's constant.
We visited Serenity across the street - if you can get upgraded or are able to go there, do so! It's exceptional. There's no ocean view but you are able to use all facilities at Coconut.
The gym is good - it has what you need. I did not use the spa so I cannot rate that. There are a lot of pools here and a lot of families. It is a good choice for them. You will meet a lot of friendly guests staying in the Harmony side and the adult pools are great for socializing. Dylan is an excellent bartender at the adult pool bar - he will take care of you.
Overall, it was good but the hotel does needs to be modernized.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple