“Best manicotti around. Awesome all-day Sunday happy hour.”
Review of Pasta Jay's - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2016

We love this place. Any place that you can smell the garlic from the parking lot should be great. We have had all the happy hour items and they are great. Our favorite is the manicotti. The marinara for the manicotti is soooo good. They bake the manicotti in stoneware with the sauce so that it all blends so well. Yes, since it is baked there will be a little char just at the line where the marinara stops. If that is bothersome to you, don't scrape off the char. There is no way to bake it without this happening and just shows that it is truly baked in stoneware. The mac and cheese is awesome, too. The pizzas are great, too. We have never had a bad meal here after visiting about 30 times. Having said all that, the only reason I am not giving PJ's a 5 rating is inconsistency - both in the food and in the service. I find if two of us sit at the bar, we get great service. If we sit at a table of four, it is sometimes slow service. If you ask for a refill on a drink, it may take a while. The food is a bit more predictable, but we have had charred dates and very crispy pizza. Not bad, just not the excellent quality we are accustomed to at PJs. I will still be coming about every other week, sit at the bar, and enjoy some of the best marinara around.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

My wife and her family ate at Pasta Jay's last month, and she's been wanting to go back ever since. Indeed, I ate her leftovers from that meal and was sufficiently impressed with what it seemed like they had going on.

Reality was much different. The prosciutto wrapped dates were charred to a crisp- how anyone from the chef to the server thought that these were OK to serve is beyond me- they were literally black. Similarly, the pasta dishes had been left in the oven too long- the cheese over the top was browning (not necessarily a bad thing), there was a ring of char around the circumference of the bowl (generally not a good thing), the Alfredo sauce was just on the cusp of separation (never a good thing), and the pasta itself could best be described as crispy.

Service started off good but deteriorated rapidly upon the arrival of a six top that evidently put the entire restaurant over the edge.

I don't see this as worth a second chance. Olive Garden would have been better- and I hate the Olive Garden.

Reviewed 28 February 2016

My husband and I, along with four other friends, recently ate at Pasta Jay's for the third time in approximately one year. Although our pasta dishes were very good, the caprese salad was lacking in both color and flavor. The tomatoes did not even have a hint of red color, but instead were a very unappetizing shade of greenish-white. The presentation was not attractive and the tomatoes had no flavor at all. This was the first time we were disappointed at this restaurant.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

The manager greeted us before being seated, during the meal and as we left. He made sure we were completely satisfied with the experience. The menu has lots of choices and the meals were excellent.

Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

Love this place! If we didnt live 25 mins away would be a weekly stop!

The baked tortellina alfredo is a must try! My husband loves the spaghetti and meatballs!