Moana Surf Resort
KayaSol Surf Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$119
Living Hotel(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$325
The Sunset Shack(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$121
Travelocity
The Bodhi Tree Yoga Resort(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$435
Jungles Edge(Nosara)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$50
Travelocity
US$370
US$359
Hotwire.com
All reviewsas close as you can getmorning yoga classespool areaprivate beach accesshorseback ridingopen air yoga studioevery morningplace to stayfantastic stayfirst floorbeautiful beachlounge chairsrestaurants and shopsthe perfect spotowners and stafffamily vacationview of the ocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 January 2017

Staying at Moana Surf Resort was one of the best surf vacations I’ve ever had!!! The resort is a brand new, small boutique hotel. It is run by the friendliest, most accommodating, caring couple – Dani & Tali. They go above and beyond to make you feel at home and you feel like you are part of their family. My intentions to travel to Costa Rica was to do yoga and surf. I asked fellow surfers where to go and they all recommend Nosara. Moana Surf Resort was perfect for what I wanted. It has its own private yoga studio and it is as close as you can get to the beach. It has its own private beach access and has an epic surf program that is tailored specifically for you. Every morning I did yoga and had 2 surf sessions a day. I’ve surfed before, but wanted to get better. I was able to accomplish that goal here because Dani and their main surf instructor, Alejandro, worked w/me individually. They addressed my specific needs and what I wanted to learn. We even went into town to find boards that were a better fit for me when they didn’t have one in their quiver. It’s a great place to learn how to surf because they are just as stoked as I was with my progress.

I signed up for their surf package and along w/yoga and surf everyday it included a massage (much needed after surfing 2 a days), and one adventure (zip-lining, horseback riding, monkey sanctuary or SUP at the river-mouth). Everything about my trip was fun. Moana is located in a great walkable area. Close to restaurants, bars, shops and a great skate park that throws some fun parties ;) It is a cute little surfer town with friendly locals.

What I appreciate the most about Moana is the attention to details that you find in their rooms and service. Dani & Tali are well traveled and know what fellow travelers are looking for. From the beautiful, modern, earth friendly design of the rooms to the small needs like organic mosquito repellent everything has been well planned. Sitting outside on my balcony, eating the delicious breakfast they provide every morning, I remember looking out onto the ocean thinking I was in paradise. Pura Vida (Pure Life) is real and I found it here in Costa Rica w/ the help of an amazing staff and family at Moana Surf Resort.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank bpelina
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

I've been traveling to Nosara for 10 years now, I know the place like the back of my hand, so I can honestly say that Moana is the sweetest new gem on the coast. As far as location goes, it doesn't get better than this. There is a private jungle path from Moana to the beach. It wanders through the protected biological area and there is always an interesting creature or beautiful plant to look at along the way. Moana is also steps away from the restaurants and shops of North Guiones, very convenient if you are on foot.
My room was my tranquil sanctuary. The space was clean and modern, and the bed was so comfortable! I had everything I needed in the little kitchen and my balcony was in the jungle's canopy with a view of the ocean. Perfection.
Tali and Dani, the owners, were the sweetest hosts. They truly cared about my comfort and always have a smile on their faces.
I'll stay here again in a heartbeat! Thank you so much for your hospitality, pura vida!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2017

The Moana Surf Resort is a truly beautiful place to spend a vacation run by a truly beautiful family. I was there solo for a week in December 2016 and yet felt completely at home in the most idyllic setting ever. The rooms were beautiful and immaculate with every amenity you could ever need. The location couldn't be better. They have direct beach access and are within a 3 min walk to all of the best restaurants and bars that Nosara has to offer. The surf and yoga instructors are top of the line and tailored their instruction to meet my specific needs. I have stayed at other resorts in Nosara and would only recommend this one for both solo travellers and families. What sets this resort apart from all others is the ownership. Dani and Tali are amazing people and made my time in Nosara completely unforgettable. Thank you so much!! I can't wait to come back next year and bring my kids with me!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2017

Moana Surf Resort is our absolute favorite place to stay in Nosara! The resort is brand new and as close as you can get to the beach providing beautiful ocean views. Moana's owners Dani and Talli are very committed, charming and knowledgable and they have made their small resort with the best location into a modern oasis with just the right amount of organic, beach, surf and yoga.
We have been coming to Nosara for several years and have stayed in many places but feel we have finally found just the right place for our family. There really isn't anything else like this in Nosara with as many room choices to accommodate us when we travel as a couple or when we are lucky enough to get away with our daughters and need more room. They even have rooms big enough for large families or yoga, surf groups all within waling distance to everything - beach, restaurants and small shops. We are so excited to finally have the perfect place to come back to in one of our favorite places in the world - Nosara!!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2016

I had one of my best experiences at Moana Resort! This is an spectacular spot to spend a relax time, it has an spectacular view, peaceful environment surrounded by nature and ocean breeze and the best accommodations mix with a wonderful treat of the owners which always try to feel you like at home.
Thank you Dani and Tali for a wonderful Christmas time close to the beach, your family and my special sons!
I will be back!!!

Room Tip: rooms with ocean view are amazing!
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo