All reviews life changing costa rica pura vida magical place organic garden the pacific ocean other guests every meal caring staff local beaches pure magic moment you arrive enjoy the beauty very special place blue zone lush jungle surf lessons
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Loved it all. The spacious room (we had a private), the wonderful hosts and staff, the yoga facilities, the VIEW and the wildlife. Even my husband raved about the vegetarian food. Had to come back a second time!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kddekk
CR YOGA S, General Manager at Costa Rica Yoga Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's great to know there is people that enjoy so much Costa Rica Yoga Spa Retreat Center

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Words can't describe how beautiful, special, magical and loving this oasis is. We co-lead our first Yoga Retreat here last week from Virginia and North Carolina. The staff could not be more professional and easier to work with. They were positive, friendly, warm, fulfilled our every desire and made our day the best it could be. Pao - is the happiest person you will ever meet, Christina is so professional and on top of it, Jill and Ben - had breakfast with us and made us feel like part of their family, Darren with his incredible vision, Diego and Jonny and all of the kitchen staff spoiling us rotten and preparing gourmet, fresh, vegan (we made a special request for Vegan food during our retreat) from their greenhouse on-site!! and to all the others I didn't meet - our stay was perfect.

The Rooms are clean, airy, bright and wonderful energy. The yoga practice space overlooks the Mountains, Jungle, Monkeys, Birds, Mango Trees to the ocean watching the sunset dip into the Pacific Ocean. I couldn't believe it was real. Magical space with high vibes.

Beautiful pool and chairs to relax with a view of the ocean and jungle that is breath taking. Hammocks to rest in. Spa treatments. I had a Thai Yoga Massage from Lotus - and you are missing out if you don't invest in that for yourself.

Easy to get transportation into Guiones and to be able to stay up in a quiet, peaceful, breezy sanctuary.

One of the best weeks of my life as far as healing, self-care, sunshine, nature, animals, health, clean food and loving myself.

Can't wait to go back as soon as possible and we have already planned to lead our next retreat there next year!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU - from the bottom of our hearts for making our week so special and soulful!

Pura Vida!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Nicole B

Thank you so much for your kind word Nicole. We loved having you here. Hopefully we will see you some other time.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

This "posh treehouse" is incredible! The food is delicious, the owners very personal, the staff friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are spacious and well kept. Close enough to take a quick drive to the beach but away from any noise. walk to the top area for a spectacular view of the stars. the yoga studio is large, clean and affords a beautiful view. Howler monkeys in the trees are far enough away to be safe but close enough to see and hear. I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to get away to a yoga retreat and relax!!!

Room tip: rooms up top have a spectacular view from the balcony
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cateo903

Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved having you with us, and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

I just finished my stay at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa and was extremely impressed. The place is beautiful with plants everywhere, a nice open layout, and amazing views of the jungle. The sunsets every evening were spectacular.
In general I do not like vegetables so was a bit concerned to hear that the menu was a vegetarian and gluten free diet. However, every meal was delicious with a beautiful presentation. The chef Alex is definitely very talented and if I had him as my private chef I’m sure I wouldn’t mind being a vegetarian.
The owner Darin was so welcoming and hospitable the entire time. Easy to talk to and makes you feel like family at his place. The rest of the staff was also highly attentive and friendly.
Darin has several activities to keep you busy. We did surf lessons, daily yoga classes which were all excellent, daily beach trips, 5 rhythms dance (which was incredible!), trips to town, massages and energy readings. He took us for a night out to his favorite restaurant in town and for a great show as well.
One of the more unique things he has at the resort is an Iboga (plant medicine) ceremony which he does in a very special way. If you don’t know what it is you should read all about it on the website since it can be life changing. Though I’m sure going to Gabon Africa to have a traditional Bwiti ceremony is great, it’s not very accessible for most. Darin’s philosophy is that iboga should be universal and accessible to those interested. He has several talks and a thorough introduction. Intentions and expectations are discussed and he has people microdose when they arrive. The beautiful sacred space creates the perfect atmosphere for such a ceremony. He has a lot of experience working with the medicine and makes sure everyone feels they are in a safe protected place. This is exactly what you would want from a facilitator. After the ceremony he has group discussions and additional microdosing provided to those who wanted it.
Another surprise is that he is actually growing Iboga trees in a greenhouse on his property so you get to see that and feel a closer connection to it.
Additionally I learned several ways to take care of my body better (including using better skin products, eating better, and yoga) and met several great like-minded people as well that I will be keeping in touch with in the future.
All this being said, I highly recommend Costa Rica Yoga Spa and will definitely be coming back in the future!

Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank JCB10482

Thank you so much for your kind words! We enjoyed having you with us and hopefully we will see you some other time! Thank you again for your high recommendation

Reviewed 30 November 2017

This retreat with Erin Sampson (Five Parks) and Alyson Jiron at Costa Rica Yoga SpA was deeply life changing for me. Thank you so much for this great experience at this wonderful and highly spiritual place. What this place makes it so special is the fact that every person who works there does it out from heart and works with love. The Food is from the own garden and prepared with love. In every single piece in the house or Yoga Studio you can feel the Love and Passion which is in it. The owners treat you as if you were a Family member. I am more than grateful that I was allowed to spend this week and geht to know this place and Great people! And definitely I will come back! To summarize this place in one sentence I would say „Loka Samasta Sukinoh Bavanthu“.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Caroline S

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are waiting for your next visit!