All reviews el morche torrox costa sea view cleaners kettle
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed in El Morche due to my boyfriends family living near by and wasn't really sure what to expect from the town or the hotel given that there weren't many reviews.

I'll start with the negatives, breakfast is genuinely awful. I like the ease of getting up and not having to worry about it with it already being paid for, but there were a few occasions where we just went out to eat because it really was that bad/boring. They have cheese slices and some, what looks like teddy bear ham, and chorizo and then cereal and fruit but the milk isn't kept cold so it's like, lukewarm soggy stale cereal! Then some bread which just didn't really look appetising. There are lots of bars on the beach that do breakfast for less than €10 for 2 so we resorted to this a couple of times!

The rooms are basic - our balcony door and toilet door didn't actually lock, but we didn't complain because they'd put us in a sea view room which we hadn't paid for so didn't want to move. But other than that they suit their purpose - shower is good quality, you have to leave it a few minutes to heat up but it's quite refreshing if you just get in straight away! The beds were a bit uncomfortable but we think we had new mattresses and it was the classic 'double' room/2 single beds pushed together which is my pet hate!!

Rooms were clean though, and this is always most important! Staff were friendly, cleaners inc! It helped a lot that my boyfriend is bilingual so had no problems with language barriers however I wouldn't have thought their English was superb, so be prepared! TV has no English channels but a good variety of Spanish channels!

There was a wedding late at night which although was pretty and good fun to listen to music, had I been with a young family I would have been somewhat annoyed that the hotel did not warn us about the loud music into the early hours!

Transport links are excellent - Nerja is a small town about 20 mins on the bus and is absolutely stunning - less that €5 for 2 return on the Alsa buses. It is also very cheap to get to Malaga, one way being around €7 for 2 people and the stop is about a 2 minute walk from the hotel!

Overall, we did have a good stay, I just wouldn't pay for breakfast again! We would definitely return, the hotel are doing lots of outdoor improvements at the moment which look great and I would definitely recommend to a friend.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katt T
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Well I have read some of the other reviews and yes some have valid points,But I must say my Wife and me had a great time at the hotel for 7 days, It was b&b and we found the food acceptable, The staff were really good and helpful and the rooms were clean , there are also plenty of bars and restaurants to enjoy during the evening , the locals did not speak much English but hay we found that great and yes we are in a different country ,They were very helpful and a good laugh in general Their food and drinks were also reasonable so can't fault them for that good value, We will return .

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank KevinHanover
Reviewed 2 December 2016

Room was dated (think they had the same pictures on the wall in Hilda Ogdens), no English tv channels , noisy aircon, buffet bland and the same most lunchs and diners only varied with a change of a meat or a fish dish.
The toaster took 4 goes to brown the toast.the bar was in reception with no suitable seating or relaxing areas...no atmosphere at all no entertainment not even music , staff ok but think they prefer all clients to be Spanish I think as with the main town Nerja
Few local restaurants were ok but nothing going on unless you travelled out alright if you only want to lay on the beach all day. This hotel is not in the town or even on the edge of Torrox is is El Morche We were there the same time as Rosemary M she must have had very Rose coloured glasses on.or very easy to please

Room tip: dont bother .stay somwhere else
1  Thank colin b
Reviewed 4 October 2016

i wouldnt totally agree with some of the other reviews i just read as this hotel doesnt claim to be anything special but we found it just right for us. a good 3 star id say....was there last week and had a ball... great garden for relaxing and you can step right out onto the beach... every thing clean and tidy and cleaners wanted to clean room every day...as we read a lot on holiday we asked for 2 more pillows and got them streight away...not ur usual tourist place but a nice quant spanish village only 40 minutes out of malaga... bus from the airport €3 to bus depot and bus out to el morche torrox another €4...buses every 20 minutes other people paid €80 in taxi.. hotel was great ...staff great with not a lot of english but enough to get by....loads of small restaurants from the front door of hotels to as far as u can walk.. 30 walk into torrox costa along the promanade you will pass 20/25 good places to eat.... food and beer all very cheap.... half price of usual places other up the rd benemadelena ect... great place will defo go back for

Room tip: ask for balcony room when booking for the view
2  Thank toconnor2001
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights B&B in a room with a sea view. The view was spectacular as long as you didn't look at the half built thing on the left. The location is right on the beach accessed through a garden with sun beds on. The garden was a bit scruffy the lawn a mess and the sunbeds looked a bit past it but we didn't use them anyway.
Our room has 2 single beds, not ideal, and only 1 pillow each. The room was clean and neat as was the bathroom but there was a distinct lack of hooks or full length hanging space for dresses.
Breakfast was ok, nothing special and the coffee was awful.
2 days was enough, it wouldn't take much to make this a really special place.
We got what we paid for so I'm satisfied.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple