Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Agoda.comUS$93
PricelineUS$93
Orbitz.comUS$93
TravelocityUS$93
All reviews golf cart visiting bucerias full kitchen street dance sized pool lupita restaurant the penthouse rooftop terrace chilaquiles excellent location place to stay beautiful pool beach chairs king bed every morning enjoyed our stay jorge
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2021

I wasn't feeling well during a portion of my stay at Refugio but felt very well looked after by their amazing staff....checking in on me, bringing me tea and arranging to see a doctor....the rooms are amazing with lots of options to visit 3 pools and a restaurant with lovely breakfasts and lunches...I highly recommend the brightly coloured beautifully decorated rooms and outside lush garden facilities ....close to everything in a very lovely neighbourhood....as a single woman I felt very safe and can only recommend staying here.....

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank wastemyday
Reviewed 8 February 2021

We really enjoyed our stay at the Refugio del Mar. It is in a great area of Bucerias, a block from the beach and tons of really great restaurants within walking distance. The room was large and bright with a kitchen and a lovely terrace to hang out on. And best of all a great coffee shop and restaurant right below us. Everyone at the hotel is helpful and so kind, we highly recommend this place to call home while you visit the fun and lively town of Bucerias ! They even arranged for the covid test to take place right in our room.

Room tip: 2nd floor or higher is brighter.
Reviewed 6 February 2021

The location of the property is great - our room was huge and spotless and EVERYONE on the staff was super nice and helpful. Their restaurant was also great. Printed instructions for the TV would be nice and also kitchen towels & dish soap. The appliances were great! We would stay there again.

Reviewed 20 January 2021

We were met upon arrival by Jorge, who escorted us to our room in building 3, and provided us with a list of amenities of the resort and recommendations about what to do in Bucerias during our short 4 night stay.

The room was equipped with a full kitchenette and a cozy shared balcony overlooking the pool. Each of the three buildings in the resort had its own pool that we were free to use, but since there seemed to not be many guests during our stay, we mostly made use of the salt water pool in our building, and had it to ourselves. The pool was quite cold, but refreshing and felt nice when followed by a hot water shower!

We had a lovely time exploring the little town of Bucerias, as a first time visitor to Mexico, I think I much preferred this small town feel as opposed to other resorts in more highly trafficked areas of Puerto Vallarta. The hotel was in walking distance to many eateries, cafes, bars, and was a short block away from the beach. We rented bikes one day and rode down to Puerto Vallartas Hotel Zone, and borrowed the golf carts to drive around the quaint cobblestone streets.

The only downside is the noise if you are a light sleeper and looking to sleep in. The walls must have been quite thin, because I was woken up each morning with sounds from our neighbor. The resort is close-ish to the main freeway, so you can hear the traffic, but we were mostly exhausted by the end of the day that it didn't seem to affect our sleep too much.

We did purchase the additional breakfast plan which although delicious, could get monotonous after a few days (choices are limited to either chilaquiles, eggs, pancakes, waffles, or a bagel and includes orange juice, coffee, and fruit), and the food and coffee options are so plentiful in the area that I would have liked to venture out.

Of note, we were traveling during COVID, so we enjoyed what felt like having the place to ourselves. Staff all wore masks, rooms were cleaned daily (with the option to forgo room cleaning if preferred). Most of the restaurants and bars in the area close early at 8pm, and depending on where you go, can get a little dicey regarding social distancing and capacity, as it seemed establishments did not have restrictions in this regard.

Overall, we loved the quiet, peacefulness of Refugio Del Mar, its amenities, closeness to the beach, and outstanding service and friendliness of its staff that I would definitely be back for future vacations! Thank you for a relaxing visit!

Reviewed 7 January 2021

It's a beautiful boutique hotel located just 2 blocks from a gorgeous beach, use of mountain bikes, umbrellas, chairs and golf carts were a great perk, we used them all!

I booked the 1 bedroom deluxe with a balcony. Prior to arriving, the hotel sent me messages confirming I was still planning on traveling, I responded yes, and would prefer a balcony that is private or has a view - no response. We arrived and were lead to Bldg 3 to a room on the 1st floor with no balcony but rather an open courtyard with 2 broken fountains. To make matters more frustrating, the pool had 2 rooms just off it - like feet away from the front door - one was occupied with not less than 9-10 ppl who were treating the small sized pool as if were their own. The hotel notes no more than 4 ppl per 1 bedroom but that was not the case, and when you are staying at a small boutique hotel a large party feels overwhelming on the amenities. This was NOT the room I booked, and after some back and forth with the manager, he found us a 2 bedroom, $25 more per night and available the next day. We moved the following day, the room was beautiful, exactly how we had pictured the room we booked - Mini Casa. Note, make sure you contact the hotel and book for Bldg 1 or 2, make sure you get the name on your room - there are only 6-8 rooms per building and none are the same. after moving rooms, we had a very pleasant stay and the cafe across the street made the best lattes that were enjoyed every morning on the balcony!