“Wahoo's for Excellent Seafood & Chowder”

Wahoo's Waterside Pub & Patio
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

Wahoo's Waterside Pub & Patio doesn't look like much from the outside, but their food is a real treat and has been for the past 30 years on Florida's Gulf Coast.
The soups and chowders are some of the best I ever ate. They have seafood specials daily. This restaurant is one of my favorites and if you eat here it will become one of your favorites, too!

Reviewed 21 April 2016

If you want fresh fish cooked perfectly, this is the place to go! I was told by a friend that if I wanted the best grouper in town, Wahoos was the place I had to go to. I had it with the creole rice which was outstanding. My wife had shrimp with a side order of shiitake mushroom grits. Amazing. The owner served us and she was fantastic. We sat on the patio right down by the inter coastal with the boats going by. Great experience!

Reviewed 21 April 2016

We go to Wahoo's about once a week and love every visit. We started when it was a hole in the wall and now it's a double-hole, but no matter--same cast iron cooking done right every time. We still love the fish spread made fresh every day from next door and the specials are always something to look forward to--whether it's sheep head, mangrove grouper, trigger or whatever else they have brought in. During the winter season plan on getting there by 5:00 or so for dinner if you don't want a long wait. The patio is wonderful when it's warm and the inside offers some great TV and shelter. All in all, always a great visit.
There is public off-street parking across Gulf Blvd.

Reviewed 15 April 2016

Get here early to grab a patio seat in the back of the bar. Nothing special about the atmosphere but the fish is so wonderful, highly recommend the Grouper - real Grouper not the fake stuff. Small kitchen so you may have to wait a bit but well worth it. Friendly local wait staff who cheerfully take care of you. Don't be put off by the atmosphere, best food around.

Reviewed 13 April 2016

I visit this area once a year, and I eat every meal that I can every day I'm there. Every time I order something new off the chalkoard , and every time I'm DELIGHTED!

1  Thank heatherssutherland