“Delicious!!!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Hotel Is Listed But Not The Restaurant Is A Separate Entity
Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

We ate here on the recommendation of a friend and we were not disappointed! The location is lovely - a traditional room overlooking the river in La Roque Gageac. The service was exceptional with a very attentive and friendly waiter. The menu was available in French and English and we really enjoyed every course. The menu was EUR32 and it was amazing value. We started with rillettes and fresh bread then a crab and avocado amuse-bouche went on to the entrees, which included oeuf cocotte (amazing!) and pate de fois gras. Our mains included the sole, rack of lamb and the duck - all really good. Desserts were excellent - profiteroles, rum baba cake and a lemony one I can't recall the name of. We had to choose the desserts when we ordered the other courses so be prepared to do that! It's so the pastry chef can get cracking. The meal took around 2 hours and was a lovely occasion. The restaurant filled up quickly and so it'd be advisable to book if you want to ensure you have a table. We booked via email a few weeks prior and had no problem at all.

I can definitely recommend this restaurant! If it's a nice day, combine it with cruise on the river in one of the "gabarres" (big wooden boats) - it's a lovely relaxing trip with great scenery.

Write a reviewReviews (1,035)

Reviewed 1 May 2015

Wonderful staff, very friendly and helpful. Restaurant was excellent. Room had view of river. Room was clean, simple, comfortable! The location could not be better!

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 23 April 2015

We had a great meal with great service. My only disappointment was that I didn't ask for a river view when I made my reservation. The back room lacked ambiance.

Date of visit: April 2015
1  Thank Coya E
Reviewed 19 March 2015

We have stayed here several times and the rooms are very comfortable. I think all the rooms face the river, at least our rooms every time have a river view. The owners of the hotel are extremely pleasant and helpful and speak English. As far as the restaurant, it is superb. I don't think you can find a better restaurant anywhere in this area. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wishes to stay and dine in one of the most fabulous places in all of France.

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed 19 March 2015

Gastronomic regional delights served with pride and elegance in a beautiful environment. The service is great and the food is delicious.

Date of visit: June 2014