“High Praise”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Hotel Is Listed But Not The Restaurant Is A Separate Entity
Reviewed 14 December 2023

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at La Belle Etoile. Every course was delicious, the service excellent and the restaurant ambience perfect. We highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the area and looking for 1st class dining.

Date of visit: October 2023

Reviewed 8 November 2023

Michelin rated restaurant and it shows. Food was fabulous. Service was very professional. Expect a 2 hour dining experience. So many courses I lost count.

Date of visit: October 2023
Reviewed 17 August 2023

A quiet beautiful setting on the first floor of the hotel. Opened Terrace…the service is superb. The egg dish as an entree was beyond delicious. Our main of duck was excellent and the strawberry desert was excellent. Another beautiful dining experience in the Perigord

Date of visit: August 2023
Reviewed 11 August 2023

I had a laugh when I read some poor reviews for this hotel and restaurant... My first recollection of spending time here probably dates back to the late 60s on hols with parents... I have to say I don't remember eating there at that time... Since the 70s,through the next 40 plus years, our far from regular visits here(sadly) have never failed to delight and so much has, of course, changed through the years but only for the better... The hotel rooms have been refurbished making any stopover a delight and the restaurant experience has become a must do event every year even if we only manage 1 visit during the season(We wish it could be more)...staff,ambiance,the food always excellent and who could find fault with the location!!
To anyone finding reason to mark this place down, perhaps you should stick to restaurants better reflecting your obvious poor taste and judgement🤔

Date of visit: August 2023
3  Thank Goatsheadsoup10
Reviewed 6 July 2023

We stay in the hotel here and take all our meals here. The food is excellent and creative. The owner and his son are the chefs. We ate here three times this trip. My favorite is the outdoor terrasse, but they have two different and charming inside dining rooms. I can't wait to see what they have cooked up every time we come. The desserts are always a stand out, but this year they had an Amuse Bouche that was brilliant. It came looking like some kind of egg, which I don't care for. It turned out to be ham Panna Cotta with apricot gel. Looked just like an egg! So creative. Fresh local ingredients. This is NOT a touristy place, and I would not bring children here to ruin the experience for serious diners. Excellent, fun servers here!

Date of visit: July 2023