Vio.com
Etrip
StayForLong
All reviews family run hotel minute walk a lovely stay ski resort excellent food village skiing france
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2022

Beautiful hotel located on the heights of the village,
a hotel from father to son, a real family spirit, a bright and clean room offering a beautiful view,
the breakfast is served as a buffet with lots of choice and local products, the coffee was excellent,
we will recommend this hotel to our friends

Date of stay: February 2022
1  Thank kennadyfo
Reviewed 11 January 2022 via mobile

We were unable to travel to France due to COVID restrictions. I politely asked if the hotel was able to offer any flexibility, for example changing the date of our stay - they didn’t respond, just charged us in full for the stay that we were unable to use.

Date of stay: January 2022
Reviewed 30 December 2021 via mobile

As a four star hotel the experience is sub standard. Especially given the price. Breakfast charge per person extortion. WiFi throughout our stay was terrible. Parking at lower car park one has to then walk up to upper level to enter the hotel. Why not have a card reader at lower level too ?
ROOMS ! Bathroom floors not cleaned well, rooms very very small.
The attitude of the manager is also a little arrogant in my mind. When questioned about WiFi the fault was my device. When reality is, the connection is an old router with copper connection.

Room tip: Try other places first
Date of stay: December 2021
Reviewed 24 February 2020

We were very happy at this hotel, and hope to return next season! Staff were always helpful and friendly and breakfast excellent. Slightly disappointed that we could only have one device connected to WiFi free of charge, but that meant I could keep out of touch with business - a Bonus!

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank DMN222
Reviewed 22 February 2020 via mobile

I know they say that you’re more likely to give a bad review than a good one which makes me wonder how this hotel is so highly rated! I’m not sure that all these reviews can be real, vast majority of people staying were not English but by far most reviews are in English, strange that.

I stayed here half board with my girlfriend for three nights (did book for four) rooms were a little small and basic, clean and comfortable, no coffee making facility, and €10 per day for WiFi which is disappointing. Hotel has small bar downstairs and a couple of rooms with some furnishings but all these areas are in a kind of basement with no natural light so not that pleasant to spend anytime in. The spar consists of a sauna, steam room and a normal shower.

Biggest mistake we made was going 1/2 board, 1st night we upgraded to the restaurant and the food was nice but did cost an additional €210 (with a medium price bottle of wine €35) probably a lot of you are thinking that’s not too bad price wise but for me, €175 on to of the 1/2 board I’d expect the food to be better than nice.

Next night we had our 1/2 board 3 course meal , this was in the breakfast room, again a room with no natural light, no candles or anything really to make even slightly resemble a restaurant, there is no choice here at all so vegetarians etc be aware, we not limited by any dietary restrictions starter difficult to explain, kind of beetroot salad in a small cup, wasn’t very nice so didn’t eat mine, partner did slightly better than I did by having two forks of it, people like different things so benefit of the doubt. Main course though, oh my word, we actually laughed to be honest, best I can describe it is, grey boiled meat (may or may not have been veal) with a large pile of tinned carrots ( I kid you not TINNED!) that’s it, on the plus side it did take me back to school dinners 40 years ago neither of us could eat it, partner tried one mouthful and said “ life is too short” . Didn’t have the desert because the table next to us had theirs delivered before and it was a pancake (frappe) with squirt cream, yummy when you’re four but not my ideal. Oh also whilst I remember it would appear that there is no kids choice option as well, only cause the small child next to us was struggling but you’d need to confirm that.

Food was so bad we decided to have a meal in town the next night!

As I said at the beginning we did book for four nights but left a day early, now I’m Scottish so wasting money is not a thing that i do unless it’s exceptional circumstances. I travel a lot, over 140 nights last year in hotels and I’ve never left a hotel early before so believe me it had to be pretty bad.

To summarise skiing good (conditions not great but that’s not the hotels fault)
Service a little poor (very difficult to find anyone and most of the staff seemed to be trainees)
Breakfast basic but ok,
Dinner very poor
Facilities honestly 1-2 (no way is this a 4 )
Location 20 min fast walk to town so a little remote.

Would highly recommend this to my ex partner, traffic wardens, lawyers and politicians but no one else.

If you stay here and don’t like it you only have yourself to blame and “I told you so” if you like it however you seriously need to re-evaluate you life choices have fun skiing

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank scotttuner101
GaetanTD, Propriétaire at la Croix de Savoie, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2020

Hello,

What a pleasure to read all of your complaints ... as I told you, I would be happy to answer you personally. I didn't think you would make my job easier!

Not much to respond to your hatred. As you say so well in your message, seriously need to re-evaluate you life choices, you who say you hold THE ULTIMATE TRUTH and that all the others who would not have the same opinion as you would be silly don't you consider applying your own quote ?!

People who read your message will easily see who you are, especially when you say "would highly recommend this to my ex partner, traffic wardens, lawyers and politicians".

I would just add that we welcome customers to our house with great pleasure and make everyone happy but not easy with you, who as luck would have it and because the weather was bad, come and tell us so much! Also not easy for you to say hello and say goodbye when you come across someone in the hotel ?!

We will be happy to no longer receive you and also to know that all your friends, relatives but also colleagues will be able to read your true personality!

Best regards,