“Lovely evening meal, great food, friendly staff”
Review of The Triangle Inn

The Triangle Inn
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Rhayader
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a lovely meal here.

Starters - White bait, prawn cocktail and terrine starters were superb.
Mains - Superb lamb pie. Huge bit of gammon. Kids had curry and a scampi - all clean plates!
Desserts - mint bombe and a cheesecake. Really nice!
Food home cooked or made, well presented, tasted superb and good portions.

Service was friendly.

Pub has a lovely feel about it and we felt welcomed from moment we entered to moment we left.

Price was very good £60 for all food.
Beers in pub are nice ales, well kept.

Much better experience than the meal we had the night before in the lamb & flag!

Would highly recommend this pub. Great food and great service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Travelled up from Birmingham for the bank holiday weekend and thought we would stop for some lunch the food menu looked lovely and heard great things when coming into the pub it was tiny and not a lot of space but didn’t mind that so we took a seat. Sat down my partner needed to use his phone as he had some important things he needed to do but one of your local customer did not like this and started abusing my partner for being on his phone which in my eyes is utterly rude but I let it go and continued looking at the menu when my partner later received a phone call this just set the older man off again and started abusing my partner for taking an important phone call whilst sat in your establishment I found this amazingly vile as we just wanted to enjoy a peaceful lunch with the family at my disgust we left and found a perfectly normal pub called the eagles inn where the locals did not mind us possessing mobile phones and they serve even more choices of delicious food. To cut the story short I think a certain local is responsible for your establishment being out of pocket so feel free to thank the vile old man sat in the corner

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent food. We have managed to get a table even calling only 1h before arriving. Very friendly and accomodating staff. They were vwry polite and apologetic as we been waiting for another couple to finish their food before we could get our table. They have sat us at the other table for few minutes. So nice of them. When i asked if we can have one of the main as a starter between two of us it wasnt a problem.
Good food. Very quirky place with great atmosphere.
Thank you again to the staff!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Came across this lovely pub whilst exploring. The prices were reasonable and very worth it for the food that was served. Only had a short wait for my order of a lamb shoulder on the specials menu and my partners of a mixed grill. We were given choices with both of them. The food here is absolutely incredible! The lamb shoulder practically fell off the bone and it melted in my mouth. My partners face lit up with every piece meat he tried. I would definitely recommend The Triangle Inn to anybody in the area. 5* service and food.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Had to wait quite a long time for a meal but when we got it it was well worth the wait very pleasant and welcoming
very small inside