All reviews stable block afternoon tea open fire conservatory restaurant oysters new owners cakes venison dining experience private room large conservatory three courses special occasion soft opening bar area lovely meal large party
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Fabulous refurbishment. I’ve loved coming to this hotel for years, and was slightly nervous about it losing something in the refurb. But it hasn’t, it’s gained so much. We went last Saturday for a much awaited date night, and stayed in one of the new rooms. The evening meal in the restaurant was typically top notch, service was warm but professional, wine list is very carefully thought out too. Then we took a stroll across to the new Cowshed bar, it’s quite lovely. Gorgeous design, hilarious artwork and one of the best thought-out outside spaces I’ve seen! Of course it’s crying out for patio heaters, just to make the most of the additional seating out there. Again the staff made the evening, props to the two training barmen who really gave a damn about getting the cocktails right. I sat in the room that night and really considered what might of been missed, what would make it a little better...couldn’t think of a single thing. Quality bed, quality bedding, fantastic shower, lovely decor, fresh coffee! I’m very particular about having lots of air/being cool at night, so on a warmer night I would have been disappointed the window is limited to how how far you can open it and the AC has a locked low of 20c (I suspect had I called down to reception they would of been able to sort that though). Finally, breakfast. There really is nothing more luxurious than a long, chilled breakfast on a Sunday with a great garden view. The buffet was lovely and fresh - all high quality produce. The eggs florentine and English breakfast we had were absolutely perfect. Overall, I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels that both promised more and cost more and have not left anywhere near as satisfied as I did from here. Can’t wait to go back. Well done guys.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Laura M, General Manager at The Farmhouse at Redcoats, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you Vittoria for sharing your amazing feedback with us, we are happy you had a great time.
See you soon again at The Farmhouse.

Best wishes,
Laura

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Stayed here for two nights in October on a work trip and was very impressed. My room was beside the pub in a row of maybe five rooms. It was very well appointed and very comfortable. Check in was easy with very friendly staff. Dinner on night one was outstanding and on reflection I should have eaten here on night two (met other international colleagues down the road on night two). The bar is great, with a really cozy English pub feel. We had a great chat with one of the owners who very kindly offered to drive us down the right to another venue on night two and even picked us up again. I think the highlight of my stay (apart from the food) was being given a quick tour of the cellar and tap rooms below the bar! One watch out - if you're going for an early morning jog, it's worth taking a torch as the roads are narrow and it's a little hairy with cars driving past in the dark. Looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Laura M, General Manager at The Farmhouse at Redcoats, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for your lovely feedback Nat Brown,

Very much appreciated and we hope to see you again at The Farmhouse!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Treated ourselves to a wonderful meal out at the Farmhouse at Redcoats. Having seen the barn being developed, I was curious as to what the new owners had done to the restaurant.
We were not disappointed. It was lovely, the food was delicious and well cooked, the drinks were excellent, the service was great.
Yes, it is expensive. But it's a place you would go to enjoy an entire evening with good food and good company.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Laura M, General Manager at The Farmhouse at Redcoats, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Kelly,

Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are glad you enjoyed the experience.
We hope to welcome you soon again at The Farmhouse!

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed overnight on Sunday the 10th June. Ample parking available and check in was quick and efficient. I stayed in the main farmhouse. The room was large and well appointed and had a certain antique charm. From taking a walk around the grounds other accommodation is also available from the main farm house. Staff are friendly and efficient and it is worth noting that unusually this hotel allows dogs to overnight. Points of note are reduced menu on Sunday evenings and no night reception but a contact number is provided should you need to contact staff. There is a local pub about 5 minutes away and the hotel has prepared a map of suitable country walks should you feel the inclination to do so. Worth a visit if particularly if you’re looking for some peace and quiet.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback David, we hope to welcome you soon again at The Farmhouse.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Visited with the family recently, this is just a wonderful place and experience, the food and service top class.
Gardens and buildings very fantastic and relaxing.
100% recommend this establishment, can't wait to go back

Stayed: June 2018
Laura M, General Manager at The Farmhouse at Redcoats, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for your lovely feedback Jonathan! We hope to see you soon again at The Farmhouse.