“Delicious ”

Los Reyes
Ranked #2 of 177 Restaurants in Hitchin
Price range: US$16 - US$46
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Visited today o a beautiful Sunday afternoon after being recommended by a friend.

Very warm welcome from the staff managed to get a table in the courtyard which was fantastic.

Having never been before we weren't sure what to expect but it was great.

The waiter was very helpful and explained that it was best to order two to three items each I am so glad that he explained things and also how the food would be served.

The baby squid were great as was the prawns and chorizo and the king prawns in garlic.

The lamb was beautiful and tender, the pork cheeks with white bean casserole was full of flavour and the chicken thigh stuffed with chorizo was really good.

My only criticism was the price it was a little pricey against the size of portion served.

The only other little gripe was the 10 percent gratuity added automatically to the bill this shouldn't be the case. It should be left up to individual paying if they want to leave a tip and how much they want to leave.

Would recommend visiting here to friends and will be back.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Such a shame I had great expectations! The tapas was flavoursome, authentic and food service was good BUT it's let down by price. Averaging £6 per tapas dish I would expect portions to be bigger. This isn't me misunderstanding of what tapas is, I believe it's called increasing profits. 5 potato croquettes were £9! It put us off ordering a cheese board for dessert as we knew we would only get 8 (very thinly sliced pieces of cheese) for £10. Perhaps if the setting had been better we might have been more swept up in the atmosphere but we were seated in the conservatory, which felt a little bit like the unfinished spare room. The light fitting of filament bulbs were off, leaving the green hue of the toilet lights for ambience. The place has so much potential as one of the few tapas bars locally but I feel a better balance on price is needed to get me to come back.

2  Thank Cara C
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Twice I’ve been to Los Reyes now and twice I’ve been completely blown away! The service in this place is unrivalled (in my opinion) against other restaurants in Hitchin. People tend to focus far too much on reviewing the food they’re given at restaurants and often neglect the service. If you have a good balance between the two you’re onto a winner and Los Reyes certainly delivers!

The first time I visited Los Reyes was because of a friend’s recommendation and the fact it had just opened. I had a thoroughly good time and the food was absolutely delicious. Not only that, but the waiter who served us was so passionate about his job he knew every detail about each dish and, actually, I disregarded the menu and simply asked him what I should go for. It worked a treat; as everything put in front of us was so appetizing. Tapas can be quite daunting for someone who might not be familiar with the cuisine and Spanish menus have a tendency to be jam-packed with options. Nevertheless, I had a great meal, fantastic wine and a brilliant experience.

Finally, my second visit was just as good…if slightly different. It was for a large birthday group and we had a set menu. Every single dish was even nicer than the one before and the restaurant manager (Warren, I think his name was) kept the drinks flowing. He had a great presence about him and was super-friendly. He had such natural hospitality skills and made everyone feel comfortable, at ease, involved and really added another dimension to the conversation. Very good.

Please visit Los Reyes. You’ll feel satisfied by the delicious food, blissful with the fantastic choice (and quality) of drinks, amazed by the excellent service and most importantly; you’ll have fun!

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Rare evening out with friends. All of us were very impressed by the staff, the food, the atmosphere, even though we had a little room we shared with another table.

We had 3 dishes each, there were 4 of us. And then ordered another 5!! We were all full and felt very satisfied.

Only down side was that gratuity had been added to our bill. I really don't like that so asked for it to be removed, which it was, and we left a tip that we wanted to leave.

That being said I would definitely recommend Los Reyes! If you want a chilled dining experience where you get to sample so fantastic tapas this is worth a visit.

Thank you for an enjoyable evening with friends.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

There were 15 of us on a work outing, so we booked the King room upstairs and ordered the middle set menu. Every dish was perfectly cooked, incredibly tasty and constantly impressed us!
Ended with a cheeseboard of unusual cheeses. The room itself was full of character with lovely beams and a grand table. Lovely ales and wines too. Highly recommend!