“Lovely chalet and beautiful surroundings”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of 'Amanecer'

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
King Size Bed - New quilt, pillows, linen etc...
Back Bedroom - King Size Bed
Front Bedroom - 2 Single Beds
Front bedroom - 2 single beds
Bathroom
Shower over bath
Bath
Hand Basin
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
BizzyMumO...
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
“Okay but needs Attention”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

Location and position of the chalet within the park is good. The chalet had an awful smell in both the bedrooms, (definitely animal urine odour), even the 3 airfreshner blocks left in the rooms didn't help disguise it, the bedroom carpets were badly stained. It was disappointing that there was no non-slip bath mat in the bath if showering, also no bath mat on the floor in bathroom, no tea-towels, kitchen roll or bags for the bin. The shower didn't work, we did advise the office on the second day of our week long stay, but by the end of our stay, no-one had attended to the complaint, my daughter (on medical advise) cannot be left alone in a bath, so this was a huge inconvenience to her. Two outside lights were not working. One of the pots in the kitchen had dried old food stuck onto the sides, and mould growing over that, so that put us off eating off of anything. The seating in the lounge was extremely uncomfortable. The double bed was comfortable and all the linen seemed fresh, however the children complained about the single beds being uncomfortable. It would have been nice if there had been a barbeque on the balcony to make use of.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Easy access to quiet dog-friendly beach
Liked least: Smelly carpets in bedrooms
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
25 Aug 2014
First of all let me say that this review was supplied by somebody who didn't book through the owner, or HolidayLettings or Trip Advisor. This holiday was booked through Hoseasons. As well as advertising on here the chalet is let via a letting company (Tingdene) to Hoseasons. I have no dealings with Hoseasons whatsoever as my letting agreement is with Tingdene. I have very little control over any booking made by Hoseasons through Tingdene. I have, however, spoken with the letting company and park management and submit the following: -
1/. The last booking that had a dog was 3 bookings ago! So the following 2 bookings never smelt urine. My understanding is that you brought a dog with you for your stay? The property is inspected between bookings and nobody else has noticed this problem (that's 4 other guests who don't own dogs and three Management inspections, and three 'cleans').

2/. There should be bath mats and a shower mat! No idea why someone would take a shower mat but this has now been replaced. I believe the bath mat was taken to be washed so my apologies for it being missing.

3/. There ARE tea towels! We don't supply kitchen roll, but to take a positive out of this review I will now do so. I think the cleaners forgot the 'bin bags'. As for pots in the kitchen being dirty, one of the previous guests must have not washed it up properly! The cleaners aren't expected to empty every cupboard and wash every item! Though they should be checking a little more closely. I'm sorry that washing one dirty pot proved too much for you to handle and spoiled your holiday!

4/. Nobody has ever complained about the seating in the lounge. Not to my taste, but then everybody has different levels of whats comfortable and what isn't.

5/. I have spoken to the Park Management team and they have said that you did not report any of these problems to them. That is what they are there for! If you don't tell them its broke then they won't fix it! You supply me with the name of the person you say you spoke to and I will look into it!

6/. The 2 outside lights not working. This would seem a valid complaint. I had a guest report the same problem a month ago. I was assured it was fixed. This suggests there may be a problem with the wiring. I will look into this.

7/. I hope this review will encourage people to book through HolidayLettings or directly with the owner. Its in my interests to have satisfied customers. If you book through this site you will receive a better service than booking through a large tour operator. You will also pay less!

8/. To the person that wrote this review? (unfortunately it seems you didn't bring this up with the Park Management or myself. IF you had booked through HolidayLettings you would see that there is a facility to 'Contact the Owner'. If you do wish to add anything further then please, by all means, contact myself via that site - I have no problems with people posting bad reviews as long as they are justified and the company you booked with, or the Park Management, is given the opportunity to address your concerns. This doesn't appear to be the case here).I suggest if you have any problems you first of all take it up with the onsite park management. Sometimes cleaning can be a problem. Better to report a problem, get it fixed, and enjoy your holiday than sit and suffer, then post a bad review to a site that you didn't even book through?. As you didn't book through myself (the owner) or Trip Advisor I suggest you send your complaints to the people that took your money (Hoseasons). Thank you for bringing the matter to my attention (it does sound like the chalet wasn't cleaned to the usual standards) but there is nothing I can do as you didn't book through this site or with me (the owner).
keepmoa
“Lovely chalet and beautiful surroundings”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

I will start this review by saying that i have stayed at rainbows end chalet park many times over a period of 30+ years (starting with my parents when I was 14ish I am now 45). And there is good reason you can make the holiday whatever you want it to be.
If you want a nice relaxing holiday where you just go down on to the beach (which is clean, easy access and not crowded even at peak times you sometimes feel you have it to yourself) and then pop out on an evening for a meal, there are 3 local pubs all friendly and all just a 10 to 15 min walk up the beach or the road plus 2 chip shops and a Chinese.
And if you want more of a out and about holiday there are just too many things to list all in just a 20 mile radius including a zoo (Thrigby) many halls and gardens to walk round and if you fancy a shopping trip there is Norwich town centre along with Norwich castle.
Right I now need to talk about the accommodation. It was clean tidy well equipped and comfortable and there are no hidden costs. You do not need a lorry load of pound coins to run the electric(It's all included). And there is wifi if you need it but that is clearly stated that you need to pay for. Its only about 20 quid for the week (you can pay less for less time if you want) its not the fastest but ok for checking emails and Facebook ect. To sum up if I keep going back year after year then something must be right.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
19 Aug 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your time on the park. Hope to see you again soon!
Twinniefi...
“Okay, but could be better.”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

The situation of the chalet was good, but I was not given any directions to the park [the sign had blown down]. There were no towels, bath mats, tea towels, kitchen roll, J cloths or cleaning materials. There was a shortage of electrical sockets, no hair dryer and no free internet access. [ I pay on my BT account for free access.]There were no current maps of the area, and no welcome pack [milk, tea, coffee]. I was also surprised that there was no recycling scheme. The shower was okay, but hardly a power shower! Only one of the three outside lights worked. On the plus side, the people at the park were very friendly, and the beach was great, as were the local woods and the weather. The chalet was also clean, but I do prefer feather duvets! I might sound fussy, but I have had full linen etc at other similarly priced holiday lets.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The access to the beach.
Liked least: Lack of linen and cleaning materials.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
24 Jul 2014
In answer to this review: -

1/. Most people usually just require a postcode these days - seems most people have sat-nav. Next time I will certainly offer directions.
2/. We do not provide towels. Guests bring their own. This should be stated on the advert. I will check and amend if necessary.
3/. There should have been tea towels. Unfortunately we are NOT allowed to supply cleaning materials due to 'health and safety' rules.
4/. We are not allowed to leave food or liquids of any kind again due to 'health and safety regulations'. I agree it would be nice but I'm not allowed.
5/. Maps of the area, places to see, trips, discounts etc... are all available at reception.
6/. Most people don't like feather pillows/duvets due to the sharp ends that sometimes emerge. Just personal preference.
7/. Yes you have to pay for the internet, unless you have BT or some other arrangement that allows you to logon for free.
8/. Will look into the problem with the lights.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$114
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing