“Fantastic Community Experience!!!”

Estrella Fugaz
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Mazunte
Price range: US$1 - US$26
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Estrella Fugaz is a terraced bar-restaurant behind Rinconcito beach where you can enjoy ocean views and the sounds of waves in a cozy, intimate atmosphere. We offer breakfast served with exotic natural fruit juices and great coffee, as well as a selected choice of Mexican, international and vegetarian cuisine for lunch and dinner. At sunset, our lounge is the perfect place to unwind whilst enjoying funky tunes and a refreshing cocktail or an ice-cold beer. Follow ON facebook estrellafugazmazunte and instagram estrellafugazmazunte .
Reviewed 26 July 2016

I absolutely loved Estrella Fugaz and went back day after day during my marvelous trip to Mazunte. It is a true community center - I met locals, travels and ex-pats alike there that I hang out with during my stay in Mazunte and met up with in other parts of Mexico. I watched multiple soccer games there and had such a blast cheering with everyone there, including the owner and his adorable baby. I went night after night to listen to a terrific reggae guitar player with a gorgeous voice. I had nothing but fantastic, prompt service; the staff were patient with my mediocre Spanish (they all speak English too, as far as I could tell), and while the food is more expensive than street food and some of the other restaurants nearby (still way cheaper than US cities), it was incredibly fresh and tons of vegetable dishes (which can be challenging to find elsewhere in Mazunte).

I highly recommend Estrella Fugaz!!!

Reviewed 25 July 2016

We went there for dinner by recomendation of our cab driver. We were gladly surprised by a very nice decorated restaurant, open and fresh, with an unforgettable ocean view. We had the fish "pescadillas", the octopus "a la talla", and the garlic shrimp. Everything was incredibly delicious, but I have to say that those shirmp will remain with me forever, the best of that kind that I've ever had, I tried to make them last as long as I could and licked my fingers afterwards!

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

The restaurant is on the balcony, so there is nice view over the beach and ocean. About the food, they serve local and international food. They have specials, where you get "free" drink. We tried local and international and both was delirious.

Reviewed 3 July 2016

This is one of the most expensive restaurants in town. Unfortunately the food is not as great as I expected at that price.
The cocktails are good.

Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

Went there with friends. We waited for a good 30-40 minutes for our food, and the restaurant was half food. The food was pretty tasteless and forgettable. There are better options in Mazunte!