“Exciting foodie experience!”

Price range: US$3 - US$41
Description: Something different
Description: Something different
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

As a bit of a food snob from Los Angeles I was blown away by the total experience at this sophisticated but accessible restaurant. Oh how I wish it was in Los Angeles (but with the reasonable MX prices)!

The restaurant is gorgeous and unique and incorporated design and motifs from the state of Michoacán yet very modern. The staff was knowledgeable and truly proud of the food and decor. We had a window seat next to the kitchen - super to enjoy the care and focus of the kitchen staff who were all clearly professionally trained. The service was spot on. We had an amazing special drink not on the regular menu using fresh seasonal ingredients that was recommended - fabulous. The food was all amazing. I had the costillo -yum. Great Cesar salad to start. Good wine choices. Phenomenal dessert. Ate too much but worth it.

Honestly thinking about another trip through Uruapan just to enjoy this wonderful spot again. Total WOW.

1  Thank aJoy2know

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We, a group of about 20 people, had dinner on Sunday at this beautiful restaurant of sleek architectural design. They'd close at 7pm Sunday, but stayed open for us. Marino, the operation director, is extremely accommodating, generous and friendly. The staff is courteous. The menu is extensive. Their wine collection is enormous. I'd call the food "fusion" - innovative and interesting. The owner selected a variety of appetizers, the best of all of which was a grilled octopus leg - wonderfully seasoned and perfectly cooked! One problem was that appetizers were brought one after another, all so good we couldn't pass up, and by the time we started the main course, we were pretty full. Our group ordered a variety of dishes for the main course. I ordered tuna prepared as tataki. Unfortunately it was very tender but was not seared enough on the surface to seal the flavor. Mario asked me how it was, so I gave him my honest opinion. He offered to take it back, but that was not necessary. He listened to my suggestion, so I'm sure their tuna dish will improve to perfection in due course. It's quite amazing such a restaurant like this exists in a provincial city of Uruapan. It symbolizes the beauty and the promising future of Uruapan.

1  Thank Kozy A
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Un lugar bastante agradable, con costos aceptables, puedes acudir tanto a tener un rato agradable en pareja como con tu familia, el servicio muy atentos y la comida te la preparan al momento
A very pleasant place, with acceptable costs, you can go both to have a nice time in couple as with your family, the service is very attentive and the food will prepare you at the moment

1  Thank Sigfrid Arman B
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

As with many big cities in Mexico, the architecture and feel of centro is not to be missed, but the good food always seems to be farther out in neighborhoods where the standard of living is much higher. That was the case with Cocina M. A 40 peso cab ride delivers you to an ambiance you might find in Manhattan. We opted for the large central room where the fountain wall, wine cellar open kitchen, bar and green wall could all be seen. The menu is extensive and inventive. I chose to start with a Tequila Sour followed by Carnitas Gyoza on a bed of camote, Salmon Papillote accompanied by well seasoned vegetables and a Sorbet of a tart Japanese fruit and Zapote. Two glasses of La Cetto pinot grigio washed it down. Good prices and great service. Go!

1  Thank Ron R
Reviewed 18 February 2017

I´ve only been once to this restaurant..It´s not only beautiful, but the food is great.
The design is very modern, geometric, but with so much green areas.
They have an entire high wall made of plants...
The food is great, its very gourmet....Dont get me wrong, I love the taste, but I personally eat A LOT, so in my case, its a little out of my budget just because I would have to ask for more than one dish...
Another thing that is worth noticing is that all the vegetables come from their own little orchard, and its organic... Sooo if you ask for a salad you know you are eating organic :)