See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This place is give SPG a bad name. Actually, there are so Actually, there are so many things I can tell about this dump. Let's start with the very basic about that they need to turn on the damn lights in the lobby during the morning hours. And having the AC working better in the rooms and if the breakfast tables are all taken by other guests, at least have the receptionist telling the new customers to wait or come back later. The receptionist told me to get my food and eat in the lobby. (Let me remind you that the lobby feels like a ghost house. No lighting.). This is simply a place I will not return and also will be telling everyone I know not to. Also, the other customers here are also very rude and they always cut in front of the line. I literally waited 30 minutes during checking out because other guests were cutting in line and the staffs are not doing anything about it. Also, if you are expecting doorman and bell man, you will be disappointed. There simply weren't any when I arrived. Overall, stay away from this place if you want to pay 1200 YMB for a suite. SPG, shame on you for having this property. This is real from a gold SPG member.

• Stayed: August 2014
Larson F, Hotel Manager at Ramada Plaza Lianyungang, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Jj6969,

Thank you very much for sharing your insights with our friends on Tripadvisor.com.

We truly appreciate your time and effort to let us know of our shortcomings during your stay.

Please accept my belated apologies for the obvious frustration and discomfort you experienced.

I hope that this drawback will not deter you from staying with us again, as we may well be in a position to redeem ourselves and restore your faith in Four Points by Sheraton Lianyungang.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back and apologize to you personally.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The hotel is located away from other businesses and restaurants. The breakfast was good. The room was clean, service was good. Reasonable value for the price. I would stay there again, but there was no "wow" factor.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 68Barracuda
Larson F, Hotel Manager at Ramada Plaza Lianyungang, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear 68Barracuda,

Thank you very much for sharing your stay experience with our friends on Tripadvisor.com.

We truly appreciate your time and effort to let us know of our shortcomings during your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Lianyungang.

We are glad that you were satisfied with our restaurants and services. Your comments have been shared with our associates as your satisfaction is the best encouragement for us!

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed 2 nights at Four Points in Lianyungang in early March 2014.

We were met by nice staff at reception late in the evening. Temperature in lobby area was cold, staff wearing coats in doors. The temperature in the room was cold as well, it was easy though to adjust on the control panel. Later the first night my group decided to have a late dinner in the restaurant. It was cold there as well, and without a coat is was too cold to be there.

The room was large, bathroom as well. It looked like it could need a "make over" in the near future, some paint job could leave a much better impression.

Room Tip: Quite a lot of traffic noise in rooms on 6th floor facing the road
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Larson F, Hotel Manager at Ramada Plaza Lianyungang, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear MOTODK,

Please accept my belated apologies for the discomfort you had experienced during the stay. Rest assured that we are rectify all defects and prevent any reoccurrence in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

The hotel is as good as any to be found in the port city on the Chinese coast, but the rooms and restaurant were decidedly cool. The temperature control in my room was not working and was stuck at 19.5C which is manageble but less than I like, especailly as it was -5C outside. Having unpacked, I didn't bother to move rooms. as the rest of the hotel was not warm either. As the offices for our business and the restaurants were all cool too, some heated by ineffective aircons, perhaps builders and owners cater only for warmer weather and don't invest in heating for a few short months - who knows? - or maybe I was just unlucky. However, all meetings and meals were conducted with coats on. At this hotel, the food was good and room otherwsie comfortable. Service was excellent (as usual in China) and as there was no Wi-Fi I was 'loaned' a router, which was set up for me and worked just fine. I would stay here again, and ensure a warmer room.

Room Tip: Check your room temperature controller works before you unpack!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Larson F, Hotel Manager at Ramada Plaza Lianyungang, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Starry Kozel,

I am sad to hear that room temperature control was not working well. Please accept my belated apologies for the discomfort you experienced. Rest assured that I will ensure a warmer room for you next time.

At the same time, we are glad that you were satisfied with our restaurants and services. Your comments have been shared with our associates as your satisfaction is the best encouragement for us!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I believe most frequent China travellers agree with me that a Worldwide Chain hotel in China is so different from the other hotels of the same chain everywhere else in the world outside China.

It is so called "Four Points by Sheraton" but with a Chinese name before the "Sheraton" means it is under Chinese management. Despite the outlook of the hotel from outside is ok, things inside look old. Lobby lights are not on during day time, making hotel look very miserable. It was freezing the lobby. The room has heater, but since maybe not too many people stayed in this hotel, the heater was not on and it took a few hours to warm up the room.

The amenities need cleaning so badly. Like all other hotels in China, even is a Sheraton hotel, do not use their towels!! Towels in my room are still wet, and in greyish colour and even more disgusting that it has a hair in the folder towel.

Breakfast was ok, nothing amazing but reasonable. People in the front desk were nice and helpful.

Well, it is a ok hotel if you do not expect it is a Sheraton that you stayed before in the rest of the world. I only stayed one night, so it was not so bad.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Larson F, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Lianyungang, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Siu_Fun82,

We truly appreciate your time and effort to let us know of our shortcomings during your first stay at Four Points by Sheraton Lianyungang.

I am sad to hear that our name and services did not quite live up to your expectations and appreciate your comments on the timeworn looking, lobby lights, heating and conditions of our amenities. Rest assured that we have reiterated your comments with the team and we will definitely strive to improve in this aspect of our service delivery.

At the same time, we are glad that you were satisfied with our breakfast and staff courtesy.

We hope that this drawback will not deter you from staying with us again, as we may well be in a position to redeem ourselves and restore your faith in Four Points by Sheraton Lianyungang.