“Well placed, very amenable staff.”
Review of The Robin Hood Inn

The Robin Hood Inn
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Baslow
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Had to stop very early (1805hours) on cold winter night. Only pair in restaraunt and whilst evrything was from the freezer it was thoughfully prepared by courteous staff. Resolved to visit again.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely lunch here and I asked about getting a taxi because I had hurt my leg and didn’t think I could manage to walk the 4 miles back. The lady behind the bar said a taxi would have to come from Chesterfield so I was resigned to waiting there while my husband and friends walked back and then came to collect me in the car. However she came back and said one of the kitchen staff would give me a lift. He drove me back to my hotel - how kind is that! Very very grateful.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We came across this pub whilst cutting across the Peak District - trying to find somewhere to eat before the snow got too bad. Its very cosy inside and seemed to cater for all ages. We didn't stay long - due to the weather - but we both had their home made burger and chips......the burger was DELICIOUS and proper home made chips (with the skin still on them - just like my mum use to do!). We will definitely be back!!!

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

After a walk in the beautiful surrounding countryside myself friends and dogs visited the Robin Hood Inn for a late lunch. There was a great selection on the menu and the food we had was brilliant.
The pub was clean cozy and the staff were fantastic very welcoming and friendly. Would recommend anyone walking in the area to make this part of their route.

1  Thank Adam C
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I had booked a table for 8 people to dine at lunch time following a walk in the surrounding countryside. I had to change the time and amount of people several times but nothing was too much trouble for them. They communicated via email swiftly and obligingly.
We parked our cars & walked then returned to our table for lunch. We hadn’t pre ordered and we had 3 vegetarians with us.
The food arrived at the same time and was lovely. It was well presented and the service was great. The pub was very busy but we were not neglected at all. Most had 3 courses and the veggies said the broccoli & Stilton Home made quiche was to die for! We will return.

1  Thank Suzysue222