“Nice food and great service ”

Yellowfin Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 300 Restaurants in Broadbeach
Price range: US$19 - US$74
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: WINNER - BEST SEAFOOD RESTAURANT 2014 GC Bulletin Readers Poll WINNER - Best Seafood Restaurant 2013 STATE WINNER - Best Seafood Restaurant 2010 & 2011 Restaurant & Caterers Association Awards for Excellence WINNER - Queensland's Favourite Seafood Restaurant 2010 I Love Food Awards - Lifestyle Channel, Foxtel At Yellowfin the focus is on serving the absolute freshest fish available at a reasonable price with impeccable service and well-trained staff. Meat eaters are also well catered for and we also offer a diverse range of fresh pastas, tasty desserts and a children's menu. With an extensive wine list, Yellowfin Seafood Restaurant offers a truly memorable wine and food experience enhanced by seemingly effortless, efficient service.
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Ordered the Seafood platter, not cheap but really tasty. Clams, Calamari and Fish were the highlights. Service friendly and attentive without being overbearing.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Today [10/7] I used TA looking for a nice seafood place to take a country friend and my wife to for lunch.... picked Yellowfin at Broadbeach....what a find. After reading some of the reviews I thought - yep give it a go!. Waited upon by Tom... delightful service. This restaurant is in a good place..lots of parking nearby. The vibe - it was quiet being Monday lunch...was very good. My wife and I have had hospitality experience and we both agreed Yellowfin; on what we partook of today; ticks all the boxs. The entree's; wife and friend shared a seafood type platter and I had king prawns both were excellent; I had King Dory fillet as a main, couldn't be cooked or presented much better; the wife and our friend shared seafood pasta...plenty for both... Tom had even divided it up prior to placing on the table.
Tom; as I stated on leaving "I'll be back"... thanks for the day - terrific.

2  Thank Don C
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

A chance find... a beautiful seafood meal with family and friends! The King Dory was the best! Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Nice bouillabaisse with a good assortment of seafood in it.

The restaurant was very uncrowded in the early evening (I think there were only 2 other tables occupied), which was surprising given the discount and the quality of the food.

Several of the restaurants in that area offer discounts either through online discount vouchers or simply by staff at the front of the restaurant offering some percentage off, so it's really a matter of looking for deals before you go out to eat. I'm almost hesitant to call the 40% early dining discount (which I believe also applies to lunch) a discount. It's more like that is the regular price, and there's a surcharge for those who insist on dining at peak dinner times (read: after the convention day is over). This kind of makes sense given the proximity of that dining district to the convention centre - I'd imagine that many people are busy at the convention centre all day, and then leave and catch dinner before heading back to their hotel for the night.

1  Thank PacNWtraveller
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Yellowfin is located on a side street near the middle of Broadbeach. It overlooks a park and has outdoor and indoor seating. We ordered a seafood platter and a couple of sides to share. Everything was extremely tasty, well presented and cooked beautifully.
The service was good, we really enjoyed our lunchtime experience. This restaurant offers 40% off for early bird dining. I was impressed that this was deducted when we paid, without us even having to ask. Often restaurants offer specials but don't honour it unless asked. We will be back. Thank you

1  Thank matautraveller