My partner and I and our 3 boys (10,9 and 6) are Just back from two weeks in La Estancia Number 8 at Campo De Golf. We arrived a little late as we had a case missing. But when we finally got to the villa (10 mins from the airport) we were met by Wendy one of the owners. She couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. She showed us around and how everything works etc. We couldn't get over the size and how spacious and modern everything was. A perfect size pool (heated if needed) and lots of floating toys for the boys. Lovely sun loungers and outdoor dining facilities along with a bbq if we wanted. A solarium upstairs and spectacular views of the golf course and the sea.
Inside the bedrooms were spacious and all fully air conditioned as was the living room, with satellite tv (every station you could want). And the wifi was excellent (very important with small kids). There are two lovely bathrooms one ensure, both with showers and the kitchen is just the right size with all mod cons. (Wendy even supplied the essentials so we didn't have to rush to the shops.) Oh and having a drinking water tap was great we didn't need to lug big bottles of water from the shops.
Throughout our stay both Gary and Wendy were around if we needed help or advise on places to go etc. And as one of our cases never left Dublin, they helped us to contact the airport and even offered to bring me there to collect it. (Nothing was a problem). As for the area itself. 8 mins walk to the local supermarket and shopping centre which had everything you could want. And then a further 3 mins to the beautiful beach. Restaurants top notch and plenty to do around the area.
I would definitely recommend this villa to families and groups of friends. And would book it again next year please God. Thanks Wendy and Gary. X Sue Ray and the boys.
Our family group of 6 spent 10 days at Villa Oceana and thoroughly enjoyed our time. The villa was spotlessly clean and well equiped and the owners had included all the essentials even including buckets and spades for the beach and floats and toys for the pool. Our daughters 8 and 13 loved having their own pool and spent a huge amount of time in it. The view over the golf course is lovely and the area was so quiet, perfect to relax. We enjoyed exploring the resort where there are plenty of shops and good restaurants ranging from a 10 to 20 minute walk away. This is a large supermarket approx 15 mins walk away, although a taxi from there would only be a few euros if you wanted to do a bigger shop. Gary and Wendy were extremely friendly and welcoming and happy to help with booking taxis and local information. It really was a great holiday and we hope to return.
We as a family stayed in Gary and Wendy's (the owners) villa in March 2017.
Simply put: we were delighted with our stay and would not hesitate to book again.
Our family comprised 2 grandmothers, 2 children and 3 adult grandchildren. So it was a real family holiday. There are so many positives about the villa and the owners that we do not know where to start, but here goes:
1. A brand new villa (In March 2017)!
2. Fully air conditioned
3. lovely sleeping accommodation: one double master bedroom with en suite, and 2 further twin bedrooms. 6 can sleep comfortably. For 100 Euros more Gary and Wendy put in an extra comfortable bed. The en-suite has a bath and a bide. The other family bathroom has a walk in shower that was perfect for the grandmothers (as they have limited mobility). There was lots and lots of hot water in the bathrooms and plenty of good towels for all.
4. One living and combined dining room. Good space and the fact that one spends most of the time outside in the grounds around, the slightly small living area does not matter. The tv had about 900 channels.
5. Kitchen (with dishwasher, oven, microwave, toaster and very nice Dolce Gusto coffee machine) and outside utility area with washing machine
6. Large grounds around the villa, with one side overlooking the gold course and the other, the street. All immaculately kept.
7. Car parking for one car but plenty of car parking on the street
8. Lots of windows so the villa is amazingly bright and full of natural light everywhere
9. Felt very very safe: that applies to the whole island
10. A smallish pool but perfectly adequate for our family. The outside temperature in March can mean the pool water feeling cold. We do not think that this would be an issue in the summer months. Day time temperatures in March were about 22 degrees day time and about 14 at night. On 2 days it was very very windy though.
11. Pin drop silence throughout our stay and the whole villa was spotlessly clean.
12. Gary and Wendy responded to all our queries politely and quickly.
13. The villa is a maximum 15 minute drive from the airport.
14. The villa is about a 10 minute walk to the lovely beach on Celeta de Fuste.
15. The villa is located well to reach any part of the island within an hour.
16. There are 2 large well stocked supermarkets near by.
17. There is a small shopping centre near by.
Finally, would we book again: yes
Would we recommend the villa to our friends and family: yes.