13 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$72
PricelineUS$65
travelup.comUS$91
3,976 results
All reviews sea view dog and duck pub self catering snack bar english pub great holiday sea front one bedroom apartment no air con on the rocks plenty of choice lovely walk restaurant staff reception staff kids club evening entertainment plenty of sunbeds
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 October 2021

We have just returned from staying a week bed & breakfast in a one bedroom apartment with a sea view. This was our first visit to the hotel.

The apartment we had was in need of some tlc - a lick of paint and some new balcony doors. The bed was comfy though and we made use of the kitchenette.
The cleaners were efficient each day too.
No air con in the room and the sun facing our room most of the day meant it got quite hot, even with both balcony doors and the bathroom window open.

Breakfast was ok - choice of things to choose from but we have stayed elsewhere that has had a better choice. Both the fruit and pastries on offer didn’t taste very fresh on the days I had them which was a disappointment.
Masks had to be worn in the dining room when moving around and disposable gloves were available at all times. Staff worked hard to clear tables quickly.

We only sunbathed round the pool once but given the hotel wasn’t very full, there were sunbeds available throughout the day every day. We spent most days at the beach which was only a 5/10 minute walk away.

We visited the Dog & Duck during our stay. Some quirky items on display/on the walls but a good place for a drink.
Whilst there I also had a hot stone massage from the beauty salon on at the end. Worth a visit!

Although there is a supermarket onsite, there is also one across the road and a Hyperdino up the road.

Date of stay: October 2021
2  Thank Sian-782
Sergio Saborido Sampedro, Director General at Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2021

Dear Sian P,

We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay and taking your time to give us your constructive feedback.
We are currently in the midst of updating and improving our rooms and installations, please come and give us another visit in the future, maybe next time we are able to achieve a 5 star rating!
Best regards...

Reviewed 9 October 2021 via mobile

Stayed here for 11 nights at the end of September / beginning of October. Booked a deluxe double room with sea view - and the view did not disappoint. Room was clean with mini fridge, kettle and cups. Our bathroom had walk in shower. Towels changed three times a week and bed changed twice a week. Food in restaurant was good, good selection and vegetarian selection too. You could have meat from a roast most evenings as well as themed nights too. Drinks were served to your table by the very friendly waiters. You had to wear masks to get your food abdxalso use disposable gloves for handling serving spoons but that wasn't any problem. Pool areas clean and ample sun beds. There is a no smoking policy around the pool and plenty of signs too. Lifeguard seemed to tell brits about not smoking around the pool but sge didn't apply this to other European guests. Hotel is brilliantly situated for sea view and there is promenade along the front of the hotel for walking . Only downside for me was the lack of air con in the rooms- not so bad in autumn time even though it was still warm at night but think it will be different story in high summer temperatures. we were on the third floor so simply left balcony door open at night fir air

Room tip: Hire a fan in high simmer months
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sergio Saborido Sampedro, Director General at Elba Castillo San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2021

Dear Pauline M,

What a joy to receive your excellent rating, thank you so much for letting us know what a wonderful time you had with us.

Your constructive feedback in regards to certain areas shall be taken on board in order for us to keep on improving our services.

Please come visit us again, we would love to see you return!

Reviewed 8 October 2021

Been to Caleta many times . I've stated in various places and was in caleta in July this year at Barcelo.

My choice of hotel next door was fully booked so I booked this.

Firstly I arrived at 11 am and my room was ready which was great.

I got to the room on the second floor in the corner and was slightly disappointed that my view was a skip of bricks a car park a bit of sea and some scaffolding.

Not to worry I thought .

I put the tv on. A nice layer of dust behind the tv.... don't worry I thought.

I moved the cheap old plastic table onto the balcony.... the dust on the floor in the room was awful......

Not to worry I thought.

Got a pillow out the cupboard and found dirt and hair by the head board. Went to the toilet hair on seat, old 1989 shower , black in the grout.

I rang reception told them to move me .

A maid came who spoke 0 English holding a dirty cloth and some spray .. I told her to leave and went back downstairs.

The reception moved me to a 3td floor room . It was cleaner... however on inspection the room is not clean at all but I'm unpacked and only here 5 days.

The room is old and dated. They have chucked a green cushion and a red throw in the bed to make it look modern. The bedside tables are old and paint is flaking off.The mirror is old and painted beige which doesn't match the white wall.

Blue curtains conceal the brown 1970 balcony door. There are no black out curtains. Be prepared to sleep with the balcony door shut if you have inconsiderate smokers next door.

They don't clean your room , they make the bed that's it.

The buffet is fine. Masks must be worn and plastic gloves. I wore one glove because I dropped my plate.

The bar for drinks... only one bar so if your on your own at the other pool you have to take all your belongings with you to trek to it. U sure why there is only one bar.

There was plenty of opportunity to update this hotel but they never took it. The photos you see on the Internet are filtered to death to make it look new.

I won't stay here again I prefer Ereza Mar next door.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank dustypink

Dear dustypink,

Thank you for giving us the chance to accomodate you at Elba San Jorge & Antigua Suite Hotel.

It it is regretful to hear that we did not reach your expectations as we take pride in being a haven in which guests want to return to.

We take this feedback seriously and appreciate you taking the time to share it.

At present we are improving our installations, maybe you will re-consider and give us another oppurtunity in the future to wow you!

Reviewed 6 October 2021

Recently stayed in this hotel all exclusive, ill give the entertainment staff, bar staff and waiter/ess 5 star for all there efforts. Management absolutely appalling, after a night in the hospital with my daughter we return to scaffolding being erected a balcony away from ours. Constant noise, constant dust was really not appealing. Finally moved after 3 days to an upgraded room. Only then within a few hours have water dripping through the ceiling (from waste water pipes) all over our tooth brushes and soaps we will not return to this dump. Very rude staff on reception, and the manager couldn’t give a toss. Just strolls around without a care in the world. Thanks to the guy who called for the ambulance once again too, if he gets to see this.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear M1003USdaniels,

We are so sorry to hear about the frustration surrounding your experience, this is certainly not the impression we wish to leave with our guests.

It would have been a pleasure to get the oppurtunity to discuss this personally with you whilst at resort.

Your daughters visit to the hospital was an unfortunate event during your holiday and we hope she is well.

Please do not hesitate to send us a private email to further discuss the issues you encountered, we are always happy to help.

Reviewed 5 October 2021

Welcomed very warmly by all staff. Amazed staff members remembered us after 2 years.
Our 4th time here rooms pools staff drinks food entertainment all excellent (in no order). Already booked here for next year.
Well done

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Paulcooki,

Thank you so much for your 5 star rating and amazing comments.

We loved having you back and cannot wait to see you again next year for your fifth stay!