Hotel Makarios
US$193
US$187
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$220/night.

Hotel 28(Kamari)
US$153
Hotel Matina(Kamari)
US$156
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$182/night.

US$194
US$188
  • Pool
US$101
US$98
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

Cavo Bianco(Kamari)
US$303
US$294
US$304
US$294
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$340/night.

Blue Waves Hotel(Kamari)(Great Value!)
US$302
US$290
Horizon Resort(Kamari)
US$173
Crown Suites(Kamari)
US$189
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$243/night.

All reviewstoastiesthe hotel managerpoolside towelsred or white wineboat tripa short minute walkbooking excursionsfree safethe busstayed here for a weekstaff on receptionkept clean and tidybeautiful islandchanged every dayhiring a carcomfortable hotelplenty of sunbeds
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Had read some mix reviews about this place before booking, so was a little unsure what to expect. Thankfully those were completely wrong, as I have found the place to be great. The staff are so helpful and the gentleman who runs the desk can answer any questions you have. The bar staff are very friendly and are constantly cleaning. The buffet is good and better than I expected for a 3 star. Overall I am glad i have stayed and would recommend again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Creevy83
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Our second year visiting Santorini and Hotel Makarios. Pedros the manager and all the staff are very friendly.
Pedros goes out of his way to help you with advice from hiring a car/quadbike to arranging and booking excursions for you.

We found the food to be great. Mikoulees the chef (hope its spelled right) served up some great food and catered well for my vegetarian status.
The bar staff Nassos, Constantina and Calig were awesome and very friendly.
The only criticism I would have is the seating area could have been better ventilated.

The rooms are very clean and well maintained.

The pool area was very clean and well presented with a Jacuzzi, small pool for infants I guess and the main pool.

The hotel is quite close to the runway but this does not alter the fact that surrounding scenery is simply put, quite stunning. Kamari main strip is just a 10 minute walk from the hotel which offers an abundance of taverna's and lovely beach should you decide to go walk about. The Island is volcanic so glorious white sand is not what you will get
The sunbeds are linked to the taverna's and free, obviously, if you order drinks and food with them.
I would recommend hiring a vehicle as the Island is nice and small and a visit to the beautifully picturesque Fira and Oia pronounced Eeea to overlook the Caldera while supping an ice cold Alfa (Greek Beer) or a Greek coffee is simply one of those cathartic moments in life. Photographs do not do the view justice.

You will not be disappointed. Hope this has helped.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank Jamstev0
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Do not believe any of the reviews that say the food is good. IT IS INEDIBLE!! We are not picky eaters atall but what they served up at the hotel was absolutely disgusting.

We went all inclusive for a week which was really expensive, but we only ate at the hotel on the evening we arrived ( we just arrived in the country after a 10 hour journey). I cannot describe to you just how disgusting the "food" was. The waiter had to actually explain what some of the food was because it was impossible to work it out, as in, it doesn't look like anything you would want to put in your mouth.

We ate out every day (for a week) for lunch and dinner and sometimes breakfast if we were up early enough as the standard of food was so bad.
I've been to Greece before( kos) and the food was delicious and fresh. I've also eaten out in the UK in Greek restaurants where the food is also lovely, so it's not a case of we just didn't like the food, it's a case of the chef not knowing how to cook or use fresh ingredients or be bothered to think of a decent menu to serve the guests.
day!

The " all inclusive" only runs from 10-10 and only drinks included are, cold red wine,white wine, 1 type of beer which is on tap and tastes like shandy,ouzo and raki. Anything else like local spirits ect you have to pay for. I have had plenty of experience when it come to all inclusive and was really surprised that no other spirits were included as normally,local spirits and fruit juices are included.

The only snacks they do is a cheese/ham toasty and ice cream that you can only have at specific times. THAT IS IT!

The breakfast is the only meal that we ate there really other than a couple of days when we ate out for breakfast too. It's very very basic so not a proper continental that you expect. The only edible thing was the cheese slices and the bread( which was dry) which you toasted yourself. On the rare occasion which they had mini croissants they were tasty but only did them twice in the whole 7 days we were there.

The "orange juice" is from a machine and is a mix of water and orange concentrate which when the machine has finished,tastes like watered down still orange Fanta with extra chemicals.
The pool is a good size,but absolutely freezing as it wasn't heated atall, even though the weather was warm 28-32 degrees whilst we were there, trying to get into an ice cold pool is not pleasant.

We spent our first day by the pool at the hotel but after that, we went down to the beach everyday. The sun beds around the pool are really uncomfortable and have no pads to go on the top of them,both myself and my partner had such bad backs after just 1 day!

The hotel itself is less than 10 minutes transfer from the airport so you have planes flying low over the hotel from 06:45am until after 10/11pm at night which doesn't make for a relaxing stay atall.

The room was basic with hard and uncomfortable beds but bathroom was newly renovated with big shower and always had hot water. Our towels were changed every day and bed was straightened but sheets weren't changed atall during our week long stay.

The owner was friendly and helpful but it says a lot when even the owner doesn't eat at the hotel,He told us about a restaurant he eats at every day which we went too on his recommendation. The food was better than the hotel but nothing special or tasty.

All in all a very disappointing stay in Santorini and the hotel was just depressing. Kamari is not the area you should go to in santorini if you want a Romantic and memorable holiday. Try akatori or oia which are over the other side of the island.

We paid such a lot of money and expected a really lovely and relaxing holiday before our baby arrived but it just wasn't as it was sold to us so feel very cheated which is a shame.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Stay away from this so called 'all inclusive' hotel. This term must have a different meaning in Greece from what I'm used to: at Makarios it means you are allowed to come get you buffet style meal 3 times a day but there is no food available outside the serving hours and you are not allowed to take ANY fountain drinks away with you to the room - I was yelled at when I tried to fill my bottle with a soda water. To add the insult to the injury, during the lunch time when I wanted to put my bread in a readily available toaster sitting on the counter, the busboy approached me and I was told the toaster is only for breakfast than proceeded to turn off the toaster that I just turned on! I've never experienced anything so rude!!! The attitude of some staff (I'd like to give them the benefit of doubt that not all) is that the tourist are pests merely tolerated and need to be subjected to arbitrary rules that are miles away from anything resembling hospitality. Not to mention they don't go out of their way for you...due to couple of all day trips we missed several meals. Our guide told us that its common for all 'all inclusive' hotels here to pack a simple lunch (sandwich etc) for the guests on day trips. Not Makarios. Speaking of food: it's a bit bland and the selection is not very large so it's easy to spot food items from previous day recycled into the next day's 'culinary creations'.
On the positive side, this hotel has nicely renovated bathrooms though the rooms are a bit bare and the cleaning staff does a fantastic job keeping your room clean daily. Pool is also larger than most hotel pools I've seen on the island.
As someone who spent in the hospitality industry nearly a decade, I can appreciate how hard it is to deal with hoards of tourists day in and day out during the season. I can get over the bland food and arbitrary rules, but I can't get over the rude attitude. Needless to say: I do not recommend you stay in this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Klara T
Reviewed 28 May 2017

Simple clean property
Beautiful pool area
Food simple but wholesome
However there was a group of what I think were a Greek retirement party who at mealtimes swarmed on the buffet like a group of locusts & ate everything in sight
Incredibly noisy with no manners did not make for an enjoyable dining experience

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family