“Minging”

Dimis Apartments & Studios
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Honestly not one to write a review, But wow do not stay here!
me and my mates actually laugh at it now because of how bad it actually is, how its still open is madness,
ive been on loads of lads holidays and i dont expect much, literally clean bed and shower is sound not hard to please one bit.
i could literally go on and on how dirty and stuff it is,
swerve this gaff i wouldn't go back if you paid me

Room Tip: Terrible gaff
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank stemiller

Reviewed 4 September 2016

Quite poor levels of cleanliness and service, very loud and annoying guests, no a/c unless you pay extra (which means either you boil or you get a lot of mosquito bites from the open window) but a very affordable place for anyone who's looking for something CHEAP and is willing to sacrifice other conveniences

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Reviewed 29 August 2016

My most recent visit to Zakynthos August 11th to 28th was my 18th visit in 16 years and as ever we had a wonderful time. We ate and drank at a number of venues about 75 times in total. We always visit Pepe and his family at their snack bar situated at the Dimis Hotel... Every day and night is party time, excellent venue for teenagers and early twenties. Good food and reasonable prices for both food and drink and two pools to laze around too...

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Steven V
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Everything was horrible. Dirty sheets, noise.
When I arrived I was moved to another hotel because they do not have rooms available at the hotel where I had a booking, they gave me another room at this hotel, Dimis Apartments.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Where to begin? I suppose I'm thankful I've returned home without any serious illness or irreversible mental trauma after staying in this hellhole.

Location.
Whoever said this was located on "the strip" must have been having a laugh. It's a good 25 min walk from the main nightlife and cost me and my 2 mates ALOT in taxis.

Service.
Lol. Utterly laughable at the lack of the hospitality shown to us by the staff. After making what we thought was a perfectly reasonable request for them to call us a taxi, we were told "No, I have no credit on my phone". Cheers .

Accommodation.
I can only echo some of the reviews I've read and say it's disgraceful. We had no hot water for the duration of our stay, the light in the bathroom did not work and after the "cleaners" burst into our room one day to see it was broken, they just walked out and neglected to tell the management. We received no fresh sheets or towels, the air conditioning unit (which was useable for the extortionate price of €15 per day) was held together by a piece of tape that was in no way safe. On the subject of safety, the plug socket actually caught fire whilst my friend was using the hairdryer. We had no sink, nor any facilities to prepare food in this "self-catering" apartment. To top it off, I didn't even get a pillow with my bed, which by the way, I can only compare to like lying on the pavement.

Cleanliness.
Upon entering the lobby and walking towards the stairs, you are completely bowled over by the overwhelming smell of sewerage from the cellar. It is revolting. Upon inspection of our room, we found a dirty towel covered in blood under one of the beds, footprints, yes footprints on the CEILING and the shower was like being urinated on from a great height the pressure was that weak.

Clientele.
Now, this is a controversial point, however it's definitely worth a mention. The hotel was occupied by a number of students of varying nationalities who spent all day, everyday, running up and down the corridors and as I can only assume, trying their upmost to smash every door off its hinges. I'm not saying this lightly, it was extremely intimidating even for a group of 3 lads.

I would urge any and everybody to avoid this "hotel" at all costs. The above commentary really doesn't do justice to how truly awful this place is. Our only saving grace was that another group of friends where staying at a differently hotel and were kind enough to let us spend our days at their pool. I cannot believe this place hasn't been shutdown. Utterly appalling.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends