1,765 results
All reviewsswim up baroyster baracross the roadspa studioterrace restaurantseafood buffetwater featuresdirect beach accessgold coastsurfers paradiseoysterspool arealagoon roomshopping centreocean viewrelaxing stayan upgrade
Reviewed 6 January 2015

We have visited this place many time with a few friends. I have enjoyed having dinners but I think breakfast is now my favourite choice. They have one of the best croissants that I have ever tasted apart from the ones at our favourite hotel in Bangkok. The place is a little bit noise but we got seats next to the window with the pool area view. Nice atmosphere, nice environment, plenty of parking. I highly recommend this place to be visited anytime.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2015

Hi Miryam

We’re delighted breakfast is now your favourite Terraces experience here at Sheraton Mirage.

Thank you for your review and recommendation, and for returning with your friends. Your continuing support is appreciated by us all, and we hope to see you back here before too long.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 4 January 2015 via mobile

Great family hotel located on the beach and walking distance to the best restaurants on the Gold Coast.

I would recommend restaurants Glass, Amos Brothers and the Italian above Glass. In surfers, try the restaurant in the soul building (sea.......). In main beach Chill is very good.

The concierge guys, Dale and Shane are brilliant and can get you the best tables.

We stayed in a two bedroom suite which was huge but needed a bit of TLC.

Overall a great visit.

Stayed: January 2015
2  Thank Mark C

Dear Mark

Thank you for choosing your Festive and Holiday Season stay at Sheraton Mirage as your first Trip Advisor review.

We’re delighted you had such a great visit, and your compliments have already been passed on to Dale and Shane. They were proud to see your recognition of their tremendous efforts.

We hope you will return…soon!

Warm wishes

Reviewed 3 January 2015

I was made to feel welcome the minute I walked into the hotel, the foyer is very impressive with it wall of glass and stunning view out to the pool and Pacific Ocean.

I checked in at around 2pm by Ari, extremely polite and friendly. Ari advised that the room was still being made up and that she would have someone call me when it was ready, which was approx 5 minutes later.

The room was beautiful, very large and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was large with a very large bath, plenty of towels and again spotless.

As we were staying over the Christmas break the management delivered gifts of a Bon Bon and Chocolate santa (a nice touch).

The hotel had free undercover parking and was close to Sea World, Marina Mirage Shopping Center, Southport Yacht Club, Surf Club and many shops and restaurants. The pool area is fantastic along with direct beach access, no roads to cross.

A must is the seafood buffet in the Terraces restaurant, the quality is outstanding as is the service.

I booked this hotel in early 2014 and got it for a very good price $205 per night, I will definitely be back and happy to pay the full price

TIP: In-room wifi is free is your join the Starwood Preferred Guest club (no cost to Join), it also entitles you to discounts within restaurants within the hotel.

Room Tip: In-room wifi is free is your join the Starwood Preferred Guest club (no cost to Join), it also entitles you to discounts within restaurants within the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PeterSjoberg
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2015

Dear Peter

Your special review of your stay here at Sheraton Mirage has made us all feel very proud. Thank you.

We are so pleased our beautiful resort provided you both with such enjoyable and relaxing accommodation for your Gold Coast visit over the Festive Season, and we are delighted you will return.

Looking forward to that!

Warmest wishes

Reviewed 1 January 2015

This hotel has been revamped, but I'd still say the rooms look a bit tired. Stating that, they were quite spacious in size and access to all the amenities was easy. The service was friendly and helpful and I'd say overall this was very good. My only complaint (and this may sound nit-picky) is that the buffet menu in the restaurant for both breakfast and dinners was quite expensive. So much so that I jokingly asked if I needed to sell a kidney to afford them. While most hotel meals are generally a bit more, I just felt that this was more than necessary. The food was of good quality though.
The pool is great and large enough to accommodate family's. There are a large number of lounges and again, beach access is right out the back.
Overall this is a really nice escape but I'd recommend looking at local restaurants for a better dining experience.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms that have a good view of the beach (level 3) or have quick access to the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2015

Hi Chris

Thank you for coming to stay with us here at Sheraton Mirage.

We appreciate your support, and the time you have taken you review your experience.

We’re glad our resort provided you both with a really nice escape, and we hope you will return when you are next looking for a beachside getaway.

Warmly

Reviewed 1 January 2015

We stayed at the Sheraton marina mirage on Xmas Day including lunch in the Terraces restaurant... I have to admit that I was a little underwhelmed by the lunch buffet. Considering it was $219 per person (even kids) I thought the selection was limited, which was a little disappointing.

The staff were all friendly, helpful and professional. The rooms are well appointed and spacious.

Another couple of cons, no free wi-fi? Which I found highly unusual... The cost of food and drinks at the pool was crazy. But we had just holidayed in Phuket where hotel food is very reasonably priced. But $29 for a club sandwich...? Really? Cocktails were a ridiculous price. I had also ordered a couple of pieces of toast for my daughter and was charged a stupid $19-50!!!! Not very Australian I thought...

The pool area is very pleasant, right by the beach and lots of loungers and trees.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family

Hi Rochelle

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Mirage for your family’s 2014 Festive Season celebration, and for reviewing your experience on Trip Advisor.

Your insights and feedback are appreciated, and we are pleased you enjoyed the service from our team, your accommodation, and our Oasis Pool area.

However we regret your disappointment with the Terraces Lunch Buffet. Whilst feedback from our guests and patrons has generally been positive, your comments in this regard are quite clear and have been shared with our Executive Chef and his team. We are very sorry that the buffet did not meet – and indeed exceed – your expectations, and we all share your disappointment.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2015, and thanking you again for your support of our resort.

With warm regards