“Full of Cockroaches!”

Add it.
Miami Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Not stay in this motel! This full of cockroaches! This motel should not be open, because it is dangerous to the health of guests. I stayed at the hotel yesterday, paid in advance one week. When I arrived the owner of the motel was at the front desk because the receptionist was on vacation. She did not know how to explain about the rooms, but the room seemed ok, despite the strange smell had. When I settled, I noticed that the sheets were stained with blood and coffee and the internet did not work because the owner did not know the password and did not want to find out. I go out to dinner and when we returned the room was full of cockroaches, more than 20 large and small. As it was already late, I decided to kill cockroaches and try to sleep, but during the night one fell from the ceiling above me and I decided it would be better to sleep in the car. When morning came I went to the owner to explain that it was not right, she told me she had already tried to solve the problem but she decided she had not solution to the problem. I said that she should have told me before about the room is infested with cockroaches. I asked for my money back for the rest of the week and she charged me 2 nights and rudely told me it was not her fault! Nonsense! Do not miss your trip and health by staying at this motel.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Monicke C

Reviewed 15 September 2014

The only things great about this hotel was that it was only a five minute walk to a pub. Didn't even feel clean showering in that room. The room smelled awful, appliances were rusted over, AC didn't work. I was so thankful I stayed there one night.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Recently we booked this motel over the internet. It provided the location and the tarrif ($95/night) we were needing. A phone call from the owner stating that the motel was currently under going a refurb we were to be placed in a recently renovated room. Reception staff were not professional bumbly their way through our check in. Upon entering our room there was a strong smell of stale cigarettes. Windows and screens were very dusty and full of bugs. Television screen had to be dusted before viewing with the bathroom mirror scrubbed before use. The bathroom door had a handle but no catch fitting , with the toilet seat broken. The bedlamp was bulbless with other light fixures having no covers. No obvious smoke detector. Tea facilities , no coffee or milk offered. The bedding was less than tired it was dead, with stains quiet visiable. All linen had a strong odour of bleach. We were attending a friends funeral and tried not to be picky however after returning some 12 hours later, feeling our way through the dark as it is poorly lit ( no lights) up the stairwell and along the hallway we decided to drive home and not stay over night to enjoy any other treats this room had on offer. Over all it was so bad, the owner rang us 2 days later to explain that our room had not been paid for through a booking error with the reception staff, after a chat with them they decided that it was best that they did not persue the outstanding tarrif.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vondyH
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The tariff was quite cheap, so we didnt expect much but what we got was way worse than what we ever dreamed. The bed wasnt cleaned, it had sand at the bottom under the sheets so we slept on top of the bed, it was disgusting. The toilet in the bathroom leaked all over the floor, there was used soap in the soap dish and in the freezer there was a large amount of frozen blood I assume from previous tenants meat they held in the freezer. The room next door catered for 3 people max however there were at least 7 people in the room hanging out the door smoking and burping loudly...and this was the women. Would not recommend to my worst enemy. The young man at the counter was lovely, the only nice part of our stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank imsodisgusted
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
1.3 km away
0.4 km away
Ocean Beach Tourist Park
1 km away
Burleigh Gold Coast Motel

Been to Miami Motel? Share your experiences!